Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a new dual battery set-up in my 2012 JK Rubicon. I get dash lights and it cranks, but will not start. Install called for taking out the fuse box, (tipm), (which I did not want to do.) Oh... and one small detail: While I had the fuse box out, my dumb-ass dropped it on the asphalt driveway..
Could this cause the failure of the Jeep to start?
I've kicked myself all around the house for being such a clumsy idiot.
(I've worked on my own stuff all my life (64 yo), and did it for a living for 10 years when a screwdriver and a feeler gauge did most tricks, so I am not a shade-tree idiot, just an idiot.)
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I just installed a new dual battery set-up in my 2012 JK Rubicon. I get dash lights and it cranks, but will not start. Install called for taking out the fuse box, (tipm), (which I did not want to do.) Oh... and one small detail: While I had the fuse box out, my dumb-ass dropped it on the asphalt driveway..
Could this cause the failure of the Jeep to start?
I've kicked myself all around the house for being such a clumsy idiot.
(I've worked on my own stuff all my life (64 yo), and did it for a living for 10 years when a screwdriver and a feeler gauge did most tricks, so I am not a shade-tree idiot, just an idiot.)
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I would start by Opening up the TIPM and make sure all the fuses and relays are seated properly....

Edit

I would also look at the fuel pump fuse..... Unfortunately the relay for that one is soldered right into a electronic board below the fuses. Good news is there is a way to by pass it:

http://www.verticalvisions.com/TIPM_cables.php

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I did that. Dropping the unit was the only variable outa whack. I was very careful to make all appropriate connections, etc.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Yeah, I did that. Dropping the unit was the only variable outa whack. I was very careful to make all appropriate connections, etc.
When you put the key in and put it to the run (not start). do you here the fuel pump?

I would Also try and put back in the stock battery/clamps and see if she starts, just to rule out defective parts.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All is well, the beast runs. Nothing is more frustrating than completing work on a project, and it won't start, presumably due to some fumbling on my part.

Pulled the TIPM back out, and one of the connectors was not seated in the socket.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help. It's great to know that I can turn to this community for some help and answers in a time of panic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts