Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have an 2011 JK 2 door
just wondering what every one is using for a dual battery set up.
i,m looking to upgrade mine
what is the pros and cons on the set up on your JK.

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
I Have an 2011 JK 2 door
just wondering what every one is using for a dual battery set up.
i,m looking to upgrade mine
what is the pros and cons on the set up on your JK.
I have the Genesis Offroad dual battery setup with two Odyssey PC-1500 batteries. I run an ARB fridge in my Jeep 24/7 so it's good for that too. The Genesis is the only kit that I know of that is totally complete and ready to install. It's quality stuff too. You can jump start your vehicle if your start battery dies. There's a button that you push and it connects everything for one minute. You can also run accessories like my ARB fridge and it runs off of both batteries until the voltage reaches a certain point. I can't remember what that is. Then, it just runs off of the accessory battery and saves your start battery. It's brilliant. I had everything installed in less than two hours. Genesis is the way to go. It's not a cheap mod though.

·
Premium Member
9,621 Posts
Genesis is the ticket. Cost a bit the the support is about the best I have ever seen.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I use a smittybilt tray with a Cole Hersee 48530 isolator solenoid. About $200 plus batteries.. I have dual Optima Redtops.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
National Luna Intelligent Solenoid, allows you to store your battery "bank" in the rear of the Jeep. I use two golf batteries as my auxilliary. FullRiver 224 Amp 6V in series for 224 Amp Hours @12v. Batteries will set you back $600, I'd rather spend money on batteries instead of on a tray mounted solution under the hood.

Reactions: frank632
1 - 5 of 5 Posts