Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why does no one make a dual exhaust for a 4L 98 Wrangler? I realize it's a in-line 6, but dual exhaust looks so much cooler.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Because dual on a straight six don't make much sense.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I would like to have the side pipes like some of the old CJ's had. That would not make much sense with a 4 banger also. Maybe I could split the exhaust with 2 cylinders going to each side. lol.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Added weight and expense with no added performance benefits. Not much demand for it I guess.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
If all you care about is the look, hang a little piece of tailpipe on the other side.... personally I'd laugh if I saw a tj w dual exhaust

·
Super Moderator
6,898 Posts
with the gas tank and diff clearance already being so limited, it would take a lot of custom plumbing to not get in the way.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I hope this is a joke thread....
I just threw up in my mouth a little bit!

·
Registered
787 Posts
found some 4" PVC and painted it silver, put a reducer elbow on both ends, turned one out and one in. zip tied to my step bar and instant side pipes.

·
Registered
15,683 Posts
If you just want the look a fake tip on other side would do that

Space under a tj is kinda scarce already and exhaust pipes tend to block access

However the 1999 WJ 4.0 has 2 separate non minicat exhaust manifolds front three and back three each with its own outlet so for a newer head without mini cat that is the start of dual exhaust but then you would need 2 cats and 2 mufflers really taking up under adage space/access

Knew a guy that replaced the rear balance on a small block stang 68 or 69 with one with indents for dual exhaust so bolted on a 90 degree section so it went out the empty indent and added a chrome tip

Funny thing was the emissions monkey put a sniffer in each tip and he passes despite one tip having no exhaust gasses

I think the sniffers y together so just added lots of clean outside air

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
If you had ever heard an early 50's Chevy 6 banger with a split manifold I don't think you would want duals for your TJ. Sounds like a string of farts going down the road. I know, I was there.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I like the baseball card technique. I used in the 50's and since I was a Reds fan those Mickey Mantle rookie cards and Ted Williams stuff made a unique sound. Wonder what they would sound like today? $$$$$

1 - 14 of 14 Posts