Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking into getting a new exhaust system for my 2016 JKU Sahara. So far the ones that have peaked my interest is the Magnaflow #15160 or the #19327. The main difference between these two is that 15160 is a axel back and the 19327 is a cat back. Has anyone used these exhaust systems or is extremely happy with the sound and performance with another DUAL exhaust system.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I wish I knew the make/model of the one that drove past me on Friday. It looked and sounded great. I've always liked Flowmaster and Borla.

·
normalità controindicato
308 Posts
I installed the MBRP Axle Back exhaust a couple of months ago. Definitely louder than stock, but not too loud. Sound is deep without drone. Not quite as deep as the Borla I had on my 370Z, but am happy with it now that it's had a thousand or so miles on it. A lot of YouTube videos you see are of exhausts that have just been installed. All of the exhausts I've installed sound different after a thousand or more miles.

MBRP is made in Canada, not China.

2007-2016 Jeep Wrangler Performance Exhaust Systems - MBRP S5528BLK - MBRP Exhaust Systems

·
Registered
10,414 Posts
I've got an axle-back, and it is certainly not a dual exhaust. All it is a single muffler with two outlets. Yea, it gives a "balanced" look out back, and that's what I was going for, when I got mine.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got an axle-back, and it is certainly not a dual exhaust. All it is a single muffler with two outlets. Yea, it gives a "balanced" look out back, and that's what I was going for, when I got mine.
yea thats what i mean by dual, split at the rear even if it is from the same muffler. I like the "balanced" look as well.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I just replaced my muffler with an 18" MagnaFlow, and I've been real happy with it. Of course all I was looking to do was sound a little less like a mini van.

Exco

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've got the Magnaflow 15160 in black and I love it. It looks great with the styling details on the Willys and sounds a lot better than the stock. Install was not extremely difficult, did it myself and once you figure out how to remove the stock muffler it's a piece of cake. It is noticeably louder for the first 500-1000 miles but once it gets broken in it has a really nice deep sound. Supposedly they give you about 2 more hp and better mpg but anyone who tells you they've noticed a difference is lying! If anything I get worse mileage because I love how my Jeep sounds when I step on it now!

·
Premium Member
5,706 Posts
I have the 15160, LilB. It is perfect in all ways but one, which is why it is in my basement. The tone and volume are perfect, just the right amount of attitude but zero drone, and I'm very sensitive to drone (went through 3 aftermarket systems on a Porsche Turbo because of it.) The look is superb, fit and finish very nice, installation and removal are absolutely trivial -- a 15-minute job if you don't know what you're doing. It hangs straight and true on my 2-door 3.6 Willys.

The one complaint: Once I started going into the rocks regularly it gets squashed on the bottom. Duh. Pretty obvious it would land on the pipes if you step off a ledge that's higher than the bottom of the pipes. Mine got flattened a little on both sides from mild off-roading in Georgia, but I pulled it earlier this year before heading to Moab. The good news is that the tips are twin wall and the outer wall got flattened on the bottom, but not the inner wall, and that's all you see unless you get underneath the Jeep. So it still looks good, but I decided to go with a custom setup utilizing two small Magnaflow mufflers instead. Doesn't look or sound as good but stays up out of sight.

This is a recent picture with how they look even with the bottom flattened a bit. You can't really see it from behind.

Planning to sell for a great price (they were on the Jeep for 20 months, 13,000 miles) but I don't want to ship it. If you're in metro ATL and interested anybody, give me a shout.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Gibson

Lilb.. I have an 07 6 speed beast. I added the Gibson Cat Back Split exhaust. Contrary to TankWillys' believe. Noticeable difference. They say 10-15 horsepower. I noticed immediately and can tell when I am wheeling. I also gained about 3 miles per gallon.

My foot, gauge and wallet noticed the difference. Have had it for about 2 years now.

http://gibsonperformance.com/i-2273...!year=2007||make=JEEP||model=WRANGLER (JK), X

·
Premium Member
5,706 Posts
... I also gained about 3 miles per gallon.
I believe that you believe that. I really do.

But I don't believe it.

Have you noticed recently the lengths to which manufacturers are going to try and get another tenth of an mpg out of their cars? And you're able to get 30 times that with a different cat-back? :worthy:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I believe that you believe that. I really do.

But I don't believe it.

Have you noticed recently the lengths to which manufacturers are going to try and get another tenth of an mpg out of their cars? And you're able to get 30 times that with a different cat-back? :worthy:
Was getting about 200 per tank and went up to about 250 so yes I do. Then I put larger tires on it lost most of it. LOL

·
Premium Member
5,706 Posts
Was getting about 200 per tank and went up to about 250 so yes I do. Then I put larger tires on it lost most of it. LOL
So the cat back gave you more mileage than the big tires took back? Meaning that all these folks who regear after getting big tires because of a perceived power loss could have just bought a $500 Gibson catback instead, and still been faster and gotten better mileage than before they got big tires? Damn! Wish Ida known this before. ;)

The only science that would explain what you experienced is that your OEM exhaust was 7/8 crushed in a wheeling incident and you didn't realized it, so that the Gibson was merely getting you back to regular OEM levels of performance.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
Happy with my Gibson black dual exhaust. You won't get 3 mpg more unless you're driving down hill for 5 miles, Hehee. But it sounds and looks awesome, nice deep sound at idle and higher RPM's with no drone.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
Biker, he is new take it easy on him. We were all newbs at 1 time.

·
Premium Member
5,706 Posts
Biker, he is new take it easy on him. We were all newbs at 1 time.
I hope I don't seem like I'm taking anything out on HioSilver -- sure don't mean to be. But I also don't want someone else who is a newbie, like Mr. Silver, to read that and think they will get an improvement in MPG by swapping cat-back exhausts. So just trying to set the record straight.

HiyoSilver, truly don't mean to be singling you out or bashing. My apologies if it comes off that way.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks to everyone for the replies it really helps the decision process. Right now it is between the magnaflow 15160 and the gibson 17303-b. these are the two that have been talked about so far. i originally wanted the gibson before i even came across the magnaflow but i was also looking at the metal mulisha huge pipes. GAHH so both such nice systems

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not New

I don't take offense to any of it... Its all good. :)

I have been on here for a while... just never post.

Don't know what to tell you on the mileage.. Just what I tracked. So maybe I was going down hill or coasting in neutral. LOL

·
Registered
339 Posts
Looking into getting a new exhaust system for my 2016 JKU Sahara. So far the ones that have peaked my interest is the Magnaflow #15160 or the #19327. The main difference between these two is that 15160 is a axel back and the 19327 is a cat back. Has anyone used these exhaust systems or is extremely happy with the sound and performance with another DUAL exhaust system.
Sounds damn good not loud...MagnaFlow 15160 - $494

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.