Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
True with the rock hitting, i have seen some new designs where they are above the axle, if im not mistaken i think rough countrys are above the axle, could be wrong...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have some bump steer issues, have checked front end over, even replaced track bar and tie rod ends, just have ran out of places. Even bought new tires and have had them balanced twice already. I know steering stabalizers doesnt fix the problem, just wanting to see if it would be some help in a way

·
Registered
876 Posts
Drag Link and Track Bar should be almost parallel to each other in normal operation to prevent "bump steer"... Do you have a dropped pitman arm?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No dont have a dropped pittman, will this help with the bump steer??? It happens at about 45 to 50 mph but i can tell u this, if i run lower psi in tires it will almost go completely away. Any help?

·
Registered
8,239 Posts
05wranglerx05 said:
No dont have a dropped pittman, will this help with the bump steer??? It happens at about 45 to 50 mph but i can tell u this, if i run lower psi in tires it will almost go completely away. Any help?
A dropped pitman arm would make it worse I'm pretty sure. What size tire and psi are you running?

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
i have 31x10.50s and i run about 30 psi and no issues..wierd that it goes away with 28psi

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
Yeah just really dont understand it and dont know what else to do??
figure out the cause. you said you replaced the track bar & TRE's...so check the other components of your front end....ball joints, upper and lower control arm bushings, control arm mounts, unit bearings, u-joints, pitman arm, steering box, drag-link, etc. if you have a steering problem it's in the front end and has nothing to do with the steering stabilizer.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah checked all the above and everthing is tight, even had two others under the jeep while turning the steering wheel, just stumped at this point and wandering why tire pressure changes almost stops it

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
My jeep had a dual setup on it when I bought it. I ditched the second one when I replaced my tie rod and drag link. Imho its throwing good money at a bad cause.

·
Registered
505 Posts
ummm.... run 28 spi??? its not really going to hurt anything at all .. just watch the wear on your tires and if one of them somehow magicly (meaning it shouldnt) starts to wear funny then change it...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts