Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to configure an Unlimited. I assume the soft top is standard (i.e. included in the based price). According to the pricing spreadsheet, the MSRP for the BLACK hard top is $795. The premium soft top is $400. - together is $1,195
BUT the dual top option is $2,085.

What am I missing in my math.
It seems like you go Black hard top and buy the premium soft top aftermarket?
Unless you are putting the cost into your loan?

thanks

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
Just pulled the window sticker on our '11 JKUR. Dual top option $1695. Drive down to a dealership and see what they have on the stickered models with the dual tops.

Bob K.

·
Registered
103 Posts
The price of the hard top is with them "buying back" the standard soft top therefore reducing the price. If you wanted a hard top after the fact its over $2000.

·
Registered
103 Posts
And the premium soft is $400 more than the standard top. Those aren't actual prices of the tops, that's including deleting the standard top price.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I did this math before buying my Jeep.

The hard top cost of $795 is after you have deleted the soft top and it's cost.

The list prices of the 2012 soft top is (non premium) is $1445. The list price of the hard top is about $2400 and you need to have the wiring for the defroster and wiper and I suspect the hose for the fluid installed. The "premium" soft top is $400 extra over the cost of the soft top.

The dual top group should then cost $2400 + $400 over the base soft top or $2,800. For the asking price of $2,085 you get the hard top fully installed and the Mopar soft top (already built for you, buying the Mopar top afterwards get you all the parts and the fun of much more time on your part to assemble it).

I was all set to order a JK with the dual top group but found a great deal on exactly what I wanted on the lot (but no dual top group) and just added the Mopar soft top (kit) a bit later.

It seems if costs are an issue and you want two tops eventually it might be best to buy the hard top with the jeep and add the soft top (Mopar or other brand) later.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rardinger said:
I did this math before buying my Jeep.

The hard top cost of $795 is after you have deleted the soft top and it's cost.

The list prices of the 2012 soft top is (non premium) is $1445. The list price of the hard top is about $2400 and you need to have the wiring for the defroster and wiper and I suspect the hose for the fluid installed. The "premium" soft top is $400 extra over the cost of the soft top.

The dual top group should then cost $2400 + $400 over the base soft top or $2,800. For the asking price of $2,085 you get the hard top fully installed and the Mopar soft top (already built for you, buying the Mopar top afterwards get you all the parts and the fun of much more time on your part to assemble it).

I was all set to order a JK with the dual top group but found a great deal on exactly what I wanted on the lot (but no dual top group) and just added the Mopar soft top (kit) a bit later.

It seems if costs are an issue and you want two tops eventually it might be best to buy the hard top with the jeep and add the soft top (Mopar or other brand) later.
Excellent. Thanks.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Agree with above 100%. Get hardtop now so wiring and the column shifter etc. are all there. Get aftermarket soft top later.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I ordered with a hard top only because I didnt know where I'd get stationed next. Bought a slightly used stock soft top with tinted windows off craigslist for 500.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts