Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I've got a super dumb question and I'm going to feel like an idiot asking it... But I've googled and still haven't found the answer. And once someone gives me the answer I'm deleting this post so I don't look so stupid lol. ....where is the back window wiper switch? I've searched for nearly a month looking front ever day. I have a 07 jk x I'm not even sure if it comes with that capability or not but I know the hardtop on it has the wiper on the back

·
Registered
253 Posts
Okay, so I've got a super dumb question and I'm going to feel like an idiot asking it... But I've googled and still haven't found the answer. And once someone gives me the answer I'm deleting this post so I don't look so stupid lol. ....where is the back window wiper switch? I've searched for nearly a month looking front ever day. I have a 07 jk x I'm not even sure if it comes with that capability or not but I know the hardtop on it has the wiper on the back
I have a 14 and its on the same knob that controls the front wipers. It's just in towards the steering wheel a little more

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
I have a 15' , so the interiors are different. The windshield wiper stalk is on the right side of the steering wheel. The switch is just down the stalk a bit from the fronts. I don't know if that makes sense or not. Also if someone just put on a had top then look for the wiring harness going from the jeep into the hard top.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Super Moderator
10,641 Posts
Your stalk doesn't seem to have a rear wiper switch. Your Jeep must have originally been a soft top.

If you now have a wiper hanging from the back, the hardtop was probably added later. Only God knows what the prior owner did to activate it --if he did.

·
Registered
478 Posts
A lot of ppl add the hardtop after the fact. When looking for our jeep, I went to see an 07 Sahara that came with soft top only. The owner bought a freedom top but never bought/ installed the harness and switches. The installation of the harness and switches can be a bit intimidating and it is somewhat of a pain. You need to remove pins from the harness terminals and replace them with the correct ones and the instructions you get from Mopar are not that great simply because they give you pictures but no text directions (I guess they are meant for Mopar techs)
The kit also replaces the left switch stem to add the wiper/washer switch. Replaces the washer pump with a dual pump and the HVAC controls that add the defroster function which you can not turn on yourself, you need to bring it to the dealership so they can add it to your vin. They charged me like $90 or so to do that.
Still one of the best things I ever did to my jeep.
I did look for a 2011 and up (my top is from a 2014) so I could have the larger side windows.
A jeep hard too with no defroster can be a bad thing on a rainy (damp) day.
I believe the kit was like $125 on Amazon. Dealer wanted like $400 to do the labor so I installed it myself.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts