Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just got my jeep on Friday =-) i do have 2 keys but i would like to have an extra made, and i was wondering if anyone knew if they were chipped ?
i just have the sport, manual doors and windows, no FOBs or anything frilly =-)

thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
1,408 Posts
Hi, just got my jeep on Friday =-) i do have 2 keys but i would like to have an extra made, and i was wondering if anyone knew if they were chipped ?
i just have the sport, manual doors and windows, no FOBs or anything frilly =-)

thanks in advance
I have an 07 and it is chipped so I would assume a 12 is chipped as well. These darn things are pricey. All I want is a key that will open the door but not be able to turn the engine over. If you find a Non Chiped Key blank let me know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
on a Ranger i used to have, i think the key was chipped, so the guy at Ace made me a copy and said 'just use it for your door'

seems like that would work the same ?

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
kenb1023 said:
I have an 07 and it is chipped so I would assume a 12 is chipped as well. These darn things are pricey. All I want is a key that will open the door but not be able to turn the engine over. If you find a Non Chiped Key blank let me know.
You can buy transponder key blanks un-programmed for $15-20 just cut the key and don't program the transponder. Or you can just buy a non-tranponder key with the same key blade.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can buy transponder key blanks un-programmed for $15-20 just cut the key and don't program the transponder. Or you can just buy a non-tranponder key with the same key blade.

Thanks !! :dance:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts