Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a can of duplicolor awhile ago I needed to paint my mirror mounts I like the look and everything but it's been two weeks now and the paint is really soft I left it out in the sun for two days to see if it wasn't totally dry but it made no difference I can scratch it with my fingernail. Just wondering if I may have done something wrong or this paint is just junk.
Thanks

·
Registered
284 Posts
Did you clear coat too? Just wondering because I just did my mirrors and mirror mounts and also used Duplicolor. But I did a couple coats of clear and it seems fine.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I did my mirrors/mounts, bumpers, and a few small things with the dupli-color bed liner. Wasn't exactly thrilled, and I did notice that areas were soft even after a week. I've used both the roll on and spray. I've since switched to rustoleum truck bed coating for accent stuff. Smoother, harder product, dries more consistent, easier to blend or touch up.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Used it to paint my stock flares when I was running flares and they were peeling and chipping not too long after. Granite this was with minimum prep bc I just cleaned them off and sprayed but yeah I'm not a fan of the duplicolor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts