Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks looking at the Metalcloak 3,5 game changer lift and was just wondering about how durability these shocks are in colder weather -10c to -30C ish

·
Banned
2,660 Posts
I handled those shocks the other day at Olympic 4 x 4, and they seem wimpy as hell. You couldn't pay me to put them on my jeep.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I handled those shocks the other day at Olympic 4 x 4, and they seem wimpy as hell. You couldn't pay me to put them on my jeep.
They seem complicated . I have used Rancho in the past and on one of my more current old cummins I used Bilsteins , I am leaning toward the Bils again and or the Fox which I have never used

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
I went the 6-pack way... I haven't had them in cold weather.. No offense Joe, but I almost thought that they felt very sturdy.. Not sure what wimpy means.

MetalCloaks 6-packs can be rebuilt, and metalcloak will rebuilt them for you even if they are broken or bent for 75 dollars.

It's one of the major reasons I went the 6-pack route.

Thanks,

·
Banned
2,660 Posts
I went the 6-pack way... I haven't had them in cold weather.. No offense Joe, but I almost thought that they felt very sturdy.. Not sure what wimpy means.

MetalCloaks 6-packs can be rebuilt, and metalcloak will rebuilt them for you even if they are broken or bent for 75 dollars.

It's one of the major reasons I went the 6-pack route.

Thanks,
I wonder why I never hear of anyone running them?
Can you show me a close up picture of them installed on your Jeep? Now my curiosity is up.

·
Premium Member
470 Posts

Probably because they are pretty expensive... Thats my guess.

·
Banned
2,660 Posts
Wow, sure look different on. I was talking out my ass.
Think I'll check into these more for giggles. Thanks for the lesson.

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
This is a great question. I have the same concern for the Montreal region. Salt scares me more than the cold. Maybe my OEM Rubi shocks with extensions would fit the mounts for the winter, then the 6 packs could go back on in the spring.

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Wow, sure look different on. I was talking out my ass.
Think I'll check into these more for giggles. Thanks for the lesson.
No lesson... Just one persons opinion. I think they are a pretty cool design, because of how they work... I do not have any off road XP on them yet, but my JK handles a lot better!

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
nice droop by the way
I still have some modifications to do, but thats full droop with those shocks. The front fully extend out to 32 inches, and compress all the way to 16 inches. The rears 28 inches uncompressed, and 14 inches compressed.

Every inch counts! :)

I may have done it a little differently knowing what I know now... But over all for what I paid, and what I got, I am happy with.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This is a great question. I have the same concern for the Montreal region. Salt scares me more than the cold. Maybe my OEM Rubi shocks with extensions would fit the mounts for the winter, then the 6 packs could go back on in the spring.
Agreed
Salt is also a factor , I see huge swings in Temps some times 20C degree differences in hours so lots of slush and sloppy salted roads

More just curious on some real life feed back more than anything else .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts