Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All

First post here, but since getting a 09 JK 2dr two summer's ago, I'm constantly on here. I think it's finally time to get new tires. I know there are a lot of posts about what tires can fit...etc, so I'll keep it short. I'm a university student but go to school in a different province then I live in so I do make that trip during the year multiple times. With that, I'm gonna try and keep the budget low so I'm thinking about the new Duratrac's. Many on here have put the 265/70R17s and in my opinion, they look good as well as 285s...which look really good. The problem... they are a little to expensive for this part of time in my life. The SR-A wheels suck...for the little off road I do when I come home so, I think the new Duratrac 255/75R17 are the perfect choice but my main question is, how do they look with Rugged Ridge XHD-black or silver ( I haven't decided yet). The rims look great on pretty much 99% of Jeeps in my opinion, but I did see a picture of one jeep that had SR-A's with black RR's and it did not look very good. Because the new Duratrac's are the same as stock size, will it look weird or will the bigger tread help with the look. If anyone has some more info on this set up or can give me advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time all

·
Registered
429 Posts
First off, welcome! As for the tire question, I would guess they would look similar to the stock BFG's on the Rubicon. Should look just fine and I'd say go for it.

·
Registered
247 Posts
They will look great and are cheaper than the 265's. IMO a great stock replacement tire. And welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm sure the 255 is a great tire, however the 265 has the LT prefix making it snow rated and has a deeper tread of 2/32". You really do get what you pay for. I'm going with the 265.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
^^^ plus the 265 is 31.7" and the 255 is 32". No brainer on getting the 255.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts