Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just picked up some duratracs 295/65r/18. I had them for about a week and today on the expressway the TPMS went on. I checked the tires and they were all at 32psi including the spare. Does anyone know what psi is needed to turn off the tpms light? It's a 2012 JKUs.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I think the low threshold for the oem tires and tpms is 33 to 35 psi. If I remember correctly, when I ran tpms and the oem tires my light would go off in the winter time when the tires got down to 30-32 psi because of the cold. Once the tires warmed up the light would sometimes go out unless it was extremely cold then it would just stay on.

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
TPMS doesn't care about tire size, only absolutely pressure. Because you are going to want your larger heavier duty tires to run with a bit less pressure you will likely want to adjust your TPMS computer - know I did. Mine would go light up if the tires were below the 31 range and not go off until 35 was achieved all the way around. Seeing that light stay off when I set mine at 28psi was one of the best things about the AEV Procal! Plus having the speedometer show accurately was pretty cool too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts