Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a full set of Duratracs 35's on the jeep and stopped back in to the shop today to have them rebalanced again. They had a hell of a time balancing them the first time having to dismount and rotate them on the wheels a couple times. A couple of them still took 16 plus ounces of weight to balance. Not impressed. Any thoughts??

Btw. Wheels are brand new ATX that I have used before with no issue.

·
Registered
123 Posts
1 out of 5 of my new ones was hard to balance and the rest were marginal. I had to have it done twice on all 5. After that I have noticed that the tread spacing allows the tires to pick up an excessive amount of pea gravel on gravel and dirt roads. When getting back on pavement after off roading these tires are out of balance until they fling off the excess gravel. Even then, when back home, I have removed from the tread, and weighed, over two ounces of gravel from each tire. In my experience they are definitely hard to balance and keep that way. However that is similar to my experience with many oversized tires with aggressive treads.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
16 oz is an awful lot of weight on a 35" tire. It can balance out but I'd consider a return for another.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Who offers the road force balancing ?
I was surprised myself but the Discount Tire here in my town had a Hunter Engineering Road Force Balancer. They allowed me to watch what they were doing in the shop with a pair of safety glasses on which was also a first. They did a nice job and took their time. Spent about an hour doing the set of 5 for $100.

Eric

1 - 9 of 9 Posts