Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Rock-Rubber
16,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let this be a lesson. Although I believe any tire would have been sliced by this rock, we will never know. I have taken these tires across PA, from Rausch creek to Doe Valley to Rock Run and Run some very hard trails such as cemetery, crawlers ridge, yellow jacket, and some harder trails at DV and Rock Run (trail 19 I believe was the hardest) without issues. The duratracs are amazing in snow and rain, and on road performance was excellent It just seems that I finally ran out of good luck and sliced a sidewall. The rock looked like it had a bowie knife sticking out of it. Sharpest natural rock I had ever seen, in the middle of a large deposit we were driving through.

I am now running two MTR's up front with Dura's in the rear and a dura spare. I will be running the MTR's in the rear once I get home to switch them.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Now that you have a duratrac and mtr side by side, would you say that the mtr runs taller?

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Duratrac went ment for heavy jagged rocks. My Goodyear MTs do awesome with there load range E. Kevlars I have yet to try on the rocks. How much air did you have in the tires when it sliced?

·
Rock-Rubber
16,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I completely missed all these replies. The MTR's are maybe just slightly higher, but run fuller and flatter across the tread as well. I actually think the Duratracs had better traction because they were so dang soft. I will get a better feel at Rausch this summer again. Unless I upgrade tires again by then.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts