Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's my question... 6 speed 2013 2-door with 3.21 gears. How will it handle with a set of 33x12.5xR15 duratracs? Will mileage be hurt or improve?? I've heard different answers all around. No armor or anything, soft top, bone stock jeep wrangler X, how will it handle these tires?

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
If you keep everything else constant including your shifting habit putting larger and heavier tires on high gear ratio will lower mileage. You can adjust your shifting habits and maybe loose most of the use of 6th gear and compensate but it is not going to get you better gas mileage. Take a look at the gear ratio charts to see how it will impact your RPM.

Since you have the manual transmission you can just install the tires and try it. If you don't like it regear.

·
Registered
281 Posts
So here's my question... 6 speed 2013 2-door with 3.21 gears. How will it handle with a set of 33x12.5xR15 duratracs? Will mileage be hurt or improve?? I've heard different answers all around. No armor or anything, soft top, bone stock jeep wrangler X, how will it handle these tires?
I run 285/70R17 on mine. I think it's just under 33". Mines 6-speed with 3.21. It's been okay so far but I can't use 6th gear unless on flat or downhill. I could live with 3.21, but will go little lower when I have the funds available. Somewhere in the high 3's numerically. The shop I take it to thinks somewhere around 3.9ish would be good which is where I'll probably end up. My off-roading is light so I don't feel need to go lower.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just recently put on the 33x12.5x15 duratracs with mb TKO's. I have a 2009 2 door manual with 3.21 gears and I couldn't really tell a difference in the driving. I haven't seen a large change is mileage either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts