Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys and gals, im trying to find out whats the best way to find the cheapest prices on duratracs. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
PM DTD, here on the forum?

That's where I'd start, then hit the 'net. :thumb:

·
Registered
139 Posts
I got a buy 3 get 1 free deal a few months back. This was through Sullivan Tire in Southern NH. Check your local shops for deals.

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
Discount Tire.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Discount tires did me right when I got mine last March. They offer a Forum Discount if you tell them you are on the Wranglerforum and free shipping. They also had a rebate at the time, not sure if that is still in effect or not.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Saw a TV ad tonight for NTB... buy 2 and get 2 for free... DTD...will you match that? I'll buy at [email protected]

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Saw a TV ad tonight for NTB... buy 2 and get 2 for free... DTD...will you match that? I'll buy at [email protected]
Well, is that Duratrac's tires and what is their full price? Usually these types of sales are only on specific tires and not all tires. You probably need to get a precise quote from them before they can answer whether they will price match.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Last I heard, on buying DuraTracs from DTD:

$50 discount for WF membership
$100 Tread Lightly discount
$60 GoodYear rebate

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
kbwwolf said:

$60 GoodYear rebate
I'm gonna have to check, but I think you can only use the Tread Lightly OR the Good Year Rebate. I just filled out the TL form & it says it can't be combined with any other rebates, it is actually a GY form & goes directly to them. I'll probably just fill out the $60 GY one anyway and see what happens. Lol

Does anyone know?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
kbwwolf said:

$60 GoodYear rebate
What is the tread lightly discount ? You just made my day, I have been shopping for a while and dtd had the best prices without these discounts I can't wait to reprice.

·
Registered
996 Posts
What is the tread lightly discount ? You just made my day, I have been shopping for a while and dtd had the best prices without these discounts I can't wait to reprice.
If your not already a member of tread lightly it will cost you $60 for a 3 year membership to get that $100.00 discount for your Goodyear tires.
I'm in the same boat here. Belle Tire will beat Discount Tire price by $122.00 and still get the rebate from Goodyear that's for 5-285/70/17 mounted on my wheels.
When I asked DT about the price match they said I was getting a Belle Tire discount for being a returning customer and they would not match that price. So good luck.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Bad news folks. I don't see the Goodyear rebate on tread lightly's site anymore!

If you are retaining your factory wheels, you need to factor in tire mount/balance/TPMS fees when shopping with DTD.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
If your not already a member of tread lightly it will cost you $60 for a 3 year membership to get that $100.00 discount for your Goodyear tires.
I'm in the same boat here. Belle Tire will beat Discount Tire price by $122.00 and still get the rebate from Goodyear that's for 5-285/70/17 mounted on my wheels.
When I asked DT about the price match they said I was getting a Belle Tire discount for being a returning customer and they would not match that price. So good luck.
I believe you only need to be a 1 year member, unless that has changed. It worked for me when I got mine:

http://www.treadlightly.org/page.php/news-pressrelease/Press-Release?i=46

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
The page says $25 membership will suffice. Rebate form is valid until December 31, 2012.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I just got back from both Discount Tire and Belle Tire. What a circus.
Discount tire said one rebate offer only( so the $120 Goodyear rebate is best if you use the Goodyear credit card)
For the tires I'm after Goodyear Duratrac 285/70/17--- 5 of them here are the prices I was quoted with all the rebates and discounts out the door prices.
Discount tire $1585.00
- 50.00 WF discount
- 120.00 Goodyear Rebate
Total of $1415.00

Belle Tire $1515.00
- 50.00 Belle discount
- 120 Goodyear rebate
Total of $1345.00 $70.00 cheaper but if I added in the $75.00 tread lightly discount on Discount Tires after I paid $25.00 membership fee. Plus or minus $5.00 whole dollars.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
I just got back from both Discount Tire and Belle Tire. What a circus.
Discount tire said one rebate offer only( so the $120 Goodyear rebate is best if you use the Goodyear credit card)
For the tires I'm after Goodyear Duratrac 285/70/17--- 5 of them here are the prices I was quoted with all the rebates and discounts out the door prices.
Discount tire $1585.00
- 50.00 WF discount
- 120.00 Goodyear Rebate
Total of $1415.00

Belle Tire $1515.00
- 50.00 Belle discount
- 120 Goodyear rebate
Total of $1345.00 $70.00 cheaper but if I added in the $75.00 tread lightly discount on Discount Tires after I paid $25.00 membership fee. Plus or minus $5.00 whole dollars.
:rofl:

How much is your time worth? You just spent all your potential savings, and then some, on this:

Ye gods! Buy the tires, yo...:D

1 - 20 of 61 Posts