Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use the window rolls to store their soft windows when their top is down? How do you guys store your windows when you want to have them with you? I've seen a couple different rolls....one of them straps at the back to the rollbar....seemed handy but I wonder if it would work with a dust cover?

Also, is it possible to run a dust cover with the soft-top folded down? I'd like to get a dust cover for when I run top-down in the summer I can keep the back covered and be able to throw stuff back there without it flying around and being in plain sight. But I don't want one that only can be on when the top is fully removed.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I just throw mine in the back and go.

Bestop makes a good duster that includes a soft top boot. I use that and I like it. I'm gonna get a tonneau prop this summer though as it does collect some water otherwise.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have a yj duster I picked up at a garage sale for 5 bucks on my tj. The only problem I have is it is a little tight getting it on with the soft top folded down. I ussually just let it warm up in the sun for 30 mins. before I throw it on. As for the windows I just store my back window in the garage and the side ones I lay flat on the back seat and just fold the seat back over them.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So you guys are able to put the duster over the folded down top?

Only reason I'd like to protect my windows is cuz they seem to look like they're in really good shape, and I know how easily they scratch. If they'd have been all messed up already, I would care.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Though the clover patch rolls are great from what i hear, i thonk they are grossly overpriced. I (with a little help from my mother-in-law) made my own. 3 yards of 72" felt from a craft/fabric store shouldnt run ~$15-$20. I cut 4 51"x36" panels and had my MIL sew thim together at the top (51") edge like a book. It Rolls small enough to slip in a piece od 4" pvc or you can make a bag like the "bundle chairs" go in and attach either to the rear roll bars just above the folded soft top.

Ice

·
Registered
428 Posts
Though the clover patch rolls are great from what i hear, i thonk they are grossly overpriced. I (with a little help from my mother-in-law) made my own. 3 yards of 72" felt from a craft/fabric store shouldnt run ~$15-$20. I cut 4 51"x36" panels and had my MIL sew thim together at the top (51") edge like a book. It Rolls small enough to slip in a piece od 4" pvc or you can make a bag like the "bundle chairs" go in and attach either to the rear roll bars just above the folded soft top.

Ice

Just did something similar. Took 4 pieces of 36"x57" felt & used metal grommets to bind them into book form. Put in the windows & roll it up toward the grommet side. I used ball bunjis in each end grommet to loosely keep the roll bound. It all fits right on top of the top when it is reclined.

The grommet kit cost $7 @ Home Depot and can be used for a buttload of other things too. If I do it again, I might use pieces of flannel, fleece, or some other think, soft cloth instead of the felt. Maybe even an old, worn out blanket.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts