Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone want to run the Dusy in Oct? My schedule is flexible.

The trails in Shaver will be closing for the season soon!

·
Registered
68 Posts
i have never been on the trail but it is one i really want to do. I could very likely go on oct 11-13. If an extra day is needed i might be able to leave on the 10th. How many days you thinking for the run? Dale

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have never been on the trail but it is one i really want to do. I could very likely go on oct 11-13. If an extra day is needed i might be able to leave on the 10th. How many days you thinking for the run? Dale
Hiya! So check this out! We went and ran Swamp Lake, Bald Mtn and Coyote Lake. This was last Tuesday night-Friday. Woke up Saturday morning to rain. Our plan was to leave Saturday morning anyways. By Saturday evening, they had SNOW and temps in the teens over night !! I was in a bikini swimming in the lake the day before! CRAZY!!

SO...in light of that, I'm looking at weather now. We need a day to drive up and a day to drive back. It's a very long trail. You need more than a couple days. I usually do 6 days just to be able to fully enjoy but even four on the trail is kinda rushing. China Peak is where we need took at the forecast ..it's supposed to be a little more accurate than Shaver Lake.

If it's going to be in the teens at night, I'm not really all about that. They were camped in snow after we left Saturday. I'm definitely NOT about any of that 😂 Had no idea it'd get so bad so quickly. I've been there the last weekend of Oct and had no weather issues...this year may be different. Sucks too because the season was Extremely short this year because of the horrible winter they had last year 👎😡

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just in case you weren't aware too...the trail is 30 miles long. Is why you need more than a couple days. Some think it's harder than the Rubicon. I don't tho, but it's still not super easy...and it's a long one. You'll need some time 👍

1 - 6 of 6 Posts