Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from the doctor (yeah, I'm great, you can stop worrying. Only problem was testosterone was through the roof. They had to recalibrate the machine just to make sure it wasn't a mis-read. She put me on a daily ration of Twilight movies to try and bring it down.)

Anyway, in the parking lot as I was leaving I saw a wicked nice looking Tank JKU with some tasty mods. Including flatties. So I ambled over (thinking all the while of the "Saw somebody peering at my Jeep" thread) and gave it a good going over. The fenders looked like exactly what I wanted: steel tube, powder coated black, good coverage (maybe as wide as OEM, or at least close to it. Hard to tell because he had some big-ass Fuel wheels with about 13" of backspacing and so they were hanging way out of the fenders).

Best of all was a great looking metal liner that fortunately had the name emblazoned on it: DV8.

I snapped a picture then hit the internet when I got home and researched them. Since I've been casually looking for fenders for about 3 months now, I was surprised I didn't know about these. A search on here revealed exactly zero threads in all of history, using the search term "DV8 Fender", so that explains why I hadn't encountered any chatter about them.

Prices for the fenders were cheap ($500 for all four, powdercoated black), but the more complex liners were high ($660 for all four, black or raw aluminum, your choice.) So $1160 all in, but the liners look really nice. If a person wanted to skip the liners to save moolah I'm sure the fenders would work without them. But I'd always be mad I didn't have them. :(

Buncha pictures here:
https://www.google.com/search?q=DV8+fenders&rlz=1C1CHMO_enUS586US586&espv=2&biw=1280&bih=899&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAmoVChMIm5L1uMOdyQIViNkmCh3K2A2q

Anybody with experience?

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
Never heard of them, but I won a set of CC inner liners, so I am going with the same flares, getting them tomorrow, so I will shoot some pics as soon as I can... The DV8 look nice, similar to the Poison Spyder... Which I really like as well..

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Funny aside about WF Search function. I just searched the same term: "DV8 Fender" in the Goog and came up with a thread from WF JK General Discussion from 32 days ago. Everything spelled right, etc. No idea why the WF search picked up 8 or 10 DV8 threads, but none about fenders.

Anyway, the thread from a month ago was a guy asking the same question as me, and nobody had any experience. So sorry for axing the same question again. :(

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Never heard of them, but I won a set of CC inner liners, so I am going with the same flares, getting them tomorrow, so I will shoot some pics as soon as I can... The DV8 look nice, similar to the Poison Spyder... Which I really like as well..
Are you saying you're getting some DV8 flares tomorrow, or some CC flares? Sorry, can't quite tell from your post.

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I just ordered a case of the bastiges, so we'll see soon enough. :)

Anyone considering it, DV8 Offroad seems to have the best price. Certainly better than the vendors on Amazon who carry them. And free shipping.

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm happy w my DV8 look, still fighting a rattle from them above the springs where the metal vibrates.
Crap, hate to hear that! Both sides? Front and rear?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Really glad I saw this thread. I realy like their stuff.. and they have great prices.. I wonder how good it is..

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can't speak to long-term reliability or ease of install, of course (yet), but it passed the "study from all angles and run your hand over it" test with flying colors. Good looking work.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Read a thread about them on another forum. Pretty sweet......

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
The liners looks great!

The fenders however look eerily similar the the barricade fenders which look eerily similar to e-autogrilles fenders. Im not saying this is the case... but they look really close

·
Registered
907 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just found these fenders as well, after I thought I had been sold on the CC fenders. But the price on these are very attractive and seem to look pretty sweet (always hard to really tell in the pictures). I'm on the fence - and going to pull the trigger on something around Black Friday.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hey guys I just orderd the DV8 fenders from a forum sponsor got them for $369 shipped in the US. Ithinks that's apretty good deal check it out
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f123/b...r-monday-dealsfrom-allens-ofroad-1512281.html
I'm in Canada so I got them to shiped to my brothers place in Florida, I might not get them from him til spring, but the deal is pretty nice!!! Especially need good deals since my Canadian dollar is close to par with the peso....not really but pretty bad.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Does anyone have the width measurement on the front? In MD you need to cover the tire and have amber side marker lights.

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
^^ Mine have shipped but I don't have them yet. I'll let you know the width next week when they come in, Sally.

·
Registered
591 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sure.

DV8 -- if you're monitoring forum traffic: your website really could use a bit of a "technical info" update. If I hadn't chanced upon a set of your flares and liners in a parking lot and been impressed, I'd never have ordered them off your site. I searched for simple dimensions and if they're on the site, they're very cleverly hidden!

1 - 20 of 64 Posts