Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
NoGaBiker,

Do I see a Utah front plate with a GA plate on the back? How do your law enforcement people like that? Here in Minnesota we need both front and back, but if we did not, I do not think they would appreciate a non-matching plate up front.

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Never had a problem since I first started running a Utah front tag on an XJ in the early 2000s. I've run Utah, Colorado, and I have a pair of 1968 Wyomings (brown with the embossed yellow cowboy on a bronc) that I split between my 68 Cadillac and my Jeeps. I've never been pulled over for any reason in any of the cars I have running dual plates; and I've certainly never been pulled over for dual plates. I figure better to ask forgiveness than permission.

(Could be that I've just never had a cop see both at the same time; I dunno. Not aware of any laws against it in GA, and I'd appreciate it if nobody looks one up and informs me thereof. :))

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hi NoGaBiker. I am looking to get a set of the front liners. I have a 2015 2-door Willys currently stock. Did you have to drill on the body to get these liners bolted up? Or did they just bolt on to the existing factory holes without any modifications like they said? Also, any issues like rubbing the tires or rattling after a few months of having them installed?

·
Registered
‘17 JKU Big Bear
541 Posts
NoGaBiker...thanks for the info. Nice write up on your install experience. I don’t have experience with nutserts. Is it common to have issues similar as you describe? I really like the looks & over all strength of tube fenders after looking at a few brands. Im still leaning toward the cheaper fix or replacing the broken clips on my front passenger fender. I don’t plan on getting larger tires, at least until I need a new set. So I don’t really need the added clearance flats would provide. I have a ‘17 jku big bear currently with 20k miles. I expect at least another 20k if not a lot more by info I’ve read on the ko2s. Besides I like the stock height & ride. At 6’3” I can step in/out without with an added side step. I’m trying to keep my mods purposeful, but sometimes it gets difficult when a product looks so good. Thanks again

61 - 64 of 64 Posts