Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, just got my new DV8 inner fender liners in. I plan on hopefully installing them tomorrow or next day. I've watched a couple YouTube videos, zero instructions. More good than bad reviews but some people did talk about them rattling? One person mentioned weatherstripping or using something in between the inner liner and Jeep.

Looks like no drilling which I was hoping not to do. Any words of advice is welcome.

Thanks

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wow! No responses at all? I'd think there would be a few people here who have these. Just wanted tips regarding weather stripping and install advice plus quality afterwards. Any responses would be great.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe no one responded because these are absolute crap! Strike two for me. ACE liners I ordered were damaged and from another person who returned them and now the DV8 liners came with missing hardware, no instructions which wasn't that big of a deal, hardware that didn't even line up in holes, and super cheap quality for price. I'm returning these as well. Two Saturday's in a row I've planned to install and they are still not installed! :atomic: Also, in person these look cheesy to me personally, too flashy.

Unfortunately, I sold my stock fenders so I can't reuse because that was my next step. So...

A. Leave bare permanently
B. Reorder ACE and hope for better
C. Buy something cheap comparable to stock

If I buy ACE bare, can I use black rustoleum?

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
Not crap. I've had mine on for a year and a half or more. Yeah, I had to mess with them over the first few days -- put some soft Velcro on a couple of rub points, but I haven't touched them since. I do think they're flashier than I like in the stainless finish, and I will probably spray them Anvil before long (I'm out of paint right now), but they've proven to be very good at preventing you from seeing all the unfinished Jeep parts in there, which is all an inner fender is good for.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
I've had mine on for a few weeks now and have been happy with them. No problems with the install, only took a few minutes. Mine even came with extra hardware.

20170821_132951.jpg

·
Registered
209 Posts
Love mine (I have front and rear). Came with all hardware, install instructions and they've been totally solid, no issues. And I think they are great looking as well (my favorite of all of the available inner fenders)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hello,
For installs on the fender liners, we have a guide on our website under the installs tab. Additionally, we have a few customers make YouTube videos showing how to install them that could be very helpful!

If you have any direct questions please feel free to contact the DV8 Team and we would love to assist you!

Thank You
Brandon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts