Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obviously for safety reasons the in dash DVD player does not play unless the jeep is in park.
For my passanger's benefit, where is over ride switch so the DVD player can work while in drive, again for the passanger's viewing pleasure.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Factory or aftermarket?

Most aftermarkets do it by grounding the parking brake wire. The factory doesn't have that option and your only option would be a lockpick device.

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
There are devices which can bypass pretty much all of that. The method you use and the bypass required changes a bt depending on which head unit you go with. Indeed some even provide the option to override right in the set up menu, but I haven't seen one head unit yet which can'r be bypassed.

·
Registered
6,376 Posts
You do realize that playing a DVD in the front in dash display while driving will get you a hefty fine for distracted driving, don't you. If you have added a rear display, it should be able to be configured to display there but not in front.

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
You do realize that playing a DVD in the front in dash display while driving will get you a hefty fine for distracted driving, don't you. If you have added a rear display, it should be able to be configured to display there but not in front.

It's not just the dvd. There are other functions which are locked out as well.

On newer units if your passenger goes to the set up menu while you're driving, they will notice some selected features and settings grayed out. Your passenger can not make adjustments until you pull over and park.

I can understand the dvd situation, but there is no reason a passenger can't make setup adjustments while driving. Thta's just going too far.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts