Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, just picked up a new 2012 JK and need to know if the issue with DW has been fixed or not? Thanks :wavey:

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Hey all, just picked up a new 2012 JK and need to know if the issue with DW has been fixed or not? Thanks :wavey:
DW?:confused:

T

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
Death Wobble. It's not a problem at all on stock JK's or any other Wrangler unless the suspension hasn't been lifted correctly or components are worn out. Definately not an issue on a new vehicle. Welcome and good luck.

·
Registered
173 Posts
kik said:
Death Wobble. It's not a problem at all on stock JK's or any other Wrangler unless the suspension hasn't been lifted correctly or components are worn out. Definately not an issue on a new vehicle. Welcome and good luck.
While I agree with you-your comment may get you in hot water around here :eek: :lol:

·
Registered
506 Posts
Death Wobble isn't a fixable issue from the factory off the line IMO.

If you don't take care of your Jeep and maintain it properly - or even educate yourself on the causes of DW and fixes for DW if it should happen, then there is a good chance you can get it.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Any solid axle 4X4 can have DW. It isn't just a Jeep thing. It's all about proper maintenance and improper mods. Can a stock Wrangle get DW? yes but it's rare. Matter of fact DW is rare itself. But like any problem, if someone has it they will find a forum and complain about it.

You have more of a chance of a Toyota getting a stuck gas petal then a stock Jeep having DW.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
While I agree with you-your comment may get you in hot water around here :eek: :lol:
Thanks for the concern, but I didn't think it was that bad saying that if a lift isn't done properly it can happen. Most often I believe it's due to worn parts as a result of age and mileage based upon the design of the YJ, TJ and JK. I actually observed it happen to a worn out TJ on 78 in PA who decided to bring it up over 80 to pass a truck. I didn't realize how bad it was until I actually observed it happen to someone at highway speed. It looked like the front end was going to fall off. It stopped when he slowed down considerably. I think the issue there was the TJ suspension looked real tired. It was stock.

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
No. DW is something that can happen to any vehicle with a solid front axle if parts are worn out or improperly installed.

Your Wrangler have a solid front axle, and, therefore, could suffer from DW if parts are worn out or improperly installed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts