Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Used these on my 33's didn't care for them. Every time you come to a stop the beads settle back to bottom of tire till they get going and do what they are supposed to do. Got too many funky shakes for me. Ended up having them vacuumed out and balanced normally. I was told they were for bigger tires and tractor trailer tires where they have long highway miles. Mine was short hop daily driver miles. I mainly tried them cause had new rims and didn't want the weights hanging on them, that's my experience.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I used them for years on my motorcycle tires, worked ok. Now I use Ride On which to me is way better. Not only for balancing but also helping to keep the tire aired up in case of a puncture. I also run it in the tires of my wife's Jag, and my Jeep's 33s. Its some good stuff even if it is a little pricey. To me its peace of mind!!!

·
Registered
538 Posts
I ran them in my 35"s for years. No complaints, but I'm not gonna tell you they added miles to the life of the rubber. They did always balance well...

·
Registered
910 Posts
I ran them in my bike tires for a while, then switched to Ride On like the cowboy. I liked both for the motorcycle application. My new wheels/tires have stick on weights on the inside though. If they start falling off, then I may go the Ride On route, but it does not make the shop too happy that has to change them.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I use them in my motorhome tires. 275/70/22.5 tires

·
Registered
374 Posts
I ran them in my bike tires for a while, then switched to Ride On like the cowboy. I liked both for the motorcycle application. My new wheels/tires have stick on weights on the inside though. If they start falling off, then I may go the Ride On route, but it does not make the shop too happy that has to change them.

Ride On is a great product, and as you said the guys at the shop might not like it. But I always figured if they are taking my money, then they are working for me....that means I am the boss. They have hand cleaner in most shops, so they can stop whining and do their job!!! I will keep using the product because it works just like its supposed to. I don't mind spending money, but I really don't like wasting it. When I do go to a tire shop, I almost always tell them about the Ride On before they touch it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts