Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning an AEV 3.5 lift once the Jeep gets delivered in the coming weeks and I am thinking about swapping the ball joints while I have everything apart.

Right now I am leaning towards the Dynatrac's. Anyone have a long term review? Any issues with Dynatracs and stock axle shafts (clearance)?

Thanks!

·
Registered
907 Posts
Planning an AEV 3.5 lift once the Jeep gets delivered in the coming weeks and I am thinking about swapping the ball joints while I have everything apart.

Right now I am leaning towards the Dynatrac's. Anyone have a long term review? Any issues with Dynatracs and stock axle shafts (clearance)?

Thanks!
I have them excellent upgrade, only been on for few months no issues

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is it worth just running the stock BJ's for a few 1000 until they start to show signs of wear? My concern with the Synergy joints is there are quite a few threads where people end up with "flighty" steering after install because they are very tight.

I figure with the 35s and a 3.5" lift, they will wear out quickly and it would just be easy to knock them out while the whole front end it apart.

Thanks for the comments!

·
Registered
759 Posts
I got some Alloy USA ball joints that didn't last 2 weeks.
Sent them back for a full refund which was nice.
Went with Synergy and have had zero complaints. I have really smashed on these things out in the desert and zero play rollin on 35s.

I have heard that Alloy USA and Synergy ball joints are the same thing, but as far as durability I cant see the similarity!

Too answer your question finally, if you have the coin Dynatrac's cannot be beaten. BUT, im 21 on a budget so Synergy was the route I chose.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
seems stock ones last anywhere from 10,000 to 50,000 miles. I would run stock for a while and see how they hold up. Dynatrac is probably great but the rebuild kits are pretty spendy and the labor is the killer if you are paying someone to do it. If you do your own work not a bad way to go.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Overkill IMO. I mean yea They are rebuildable .. Cool. But I have never seen or heard of anybody doing so. Synergy, alloy, TF, there's stiff competition and very good ball joints. Pricing around $150 -$200
Seems like a pretty good reason to get em to me. When the guys at DT said they hadn't sold a rebuild kit and had guys running 40'+ on em, I was sold. Do it once and be done. I've had em with 37's for a few yrs and zero issues. Never heard of any DT guy swapping to someone else's ball joints. Hear of others swapping to DTs though.

I'm running Factory 10 axles with no issues. You'll have no issues with stickers.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I got 20k out of my stock ones & now I'm just wishing I listened to the guys that said do the ball joints while you're doing the sleeve/gussets & lift! If you're handy & it's no big deal to pull it apart, I'd wait & see, you can potentially get a good couple years out of them. Me, I gotta have friends do it so it would've been better to do it with the lift.

I wish I had the $ for the DTs - but I (somewhat reluctantly) went with Synergy.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have the DT's on my price quote for Northridge4x4. I figure do it once and be done with it.

As a side note, Dynatrac now has a specific, low profile lower ball joint, specifically for the 2012+ JKs as a result of the larger axle yokes. The part number ends in a "-C" rather than the standard "-A." These can be ordered directly from NR or via Dynatrac directly.

Hope this helps and I appreciate all of the feedback everyone!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts