Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First a big shout out the Northridge 4x4 for a great install experience. Normally I would do this myself but as I was having gears and front axle armor installed doing brakes at the same time just made sense. These guys worked there butts off to get the job completed in 2 days and the work is outstanding. Now on to the brake review.

What can I say but wow, these put the stock brakes to shame. I don't know how many of you remember the early days of power brakes but GM got it right and Ford sucked. Well this is the difference between the Dynatrac brakes and stock. I am running 35's on a very heavy 2 door. It take very little effort to get this beast slowed down now. I really have not been able to put through hard braking yet until I get the gears broke in but I am very impressed with the new found stopping power.

We will see long term how they hold up but if you are looking at a brake upgrade give the ProGrip system a look. It is well worth the money if running big tires or towing.

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
I have been running the Dynatrac Progrip brakes now for about a year. On occasion I have to haul my father-in-laws heavy boat and these save the day. I have also been impressed with how they stop quickly while helping keep the nose from diving and enabling much better control on the Jeep in an emergency brake. I had once occasion in CA last year where I think it kept me from an accident. No, I don't tailgate. This was a mess that happened right in front of me.

Only issue to be heads up about is that the brake comes very close to my Pintlers and I had one wheel with some larger balancing weights on and i had to change those out. I am not real happy with the Pintlers and am considering other wheels.

I painted mine red.

·
Registered
80 Posts
First a big shout out the Northridge 4x4 for a great install experience. Normally I would do this myself but as I was having gears and front axle armor installed doing brakes at the same time just made sense. These guys worked there butts off to get the job completed in 2 days and the work is outstanding. Now on to the brake review.

What can I say but wow, these put the stock brakes to shame. I don't know how many of you remember the early days of power brakes but GM got it right and Ford sucked. Well this is the difference between the Dynatrac brakes and stock. I am running 35's on a very heavy 2 door. It take very little effort to get this beast slowed down now. I really have not been able to put through hard braking yet until I get the gears broke in but I am very impressed with the new found stopping power.

We will see long term how they hold up but if you are looking at a brake upgrade give the ProGrip system a look. It is well worth the money if running big tires or towing.
What size Tracker Pros are you running? I am trying to confirm if the Progrips with fit with the 17" Tracker Pros.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
What size Tracker Pros are you running? I am trying to confirm if the Progrips with fit with the 17" Tracker Pros.
Me too.

Thanks for the great write up. I'll need brakes soon and was wondering what to upgrade to.

·
Premium Member
7,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
I put them on my heavy JKR on 37" tires. My tire and wheel combo is 143 pounds. They have no problem stopping it even when I'm towing the golf cart. I strongly recommend upgrading to them.

·
Registered
493 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts