Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Searched around a little, maybe someone could redirect me to a link, but I was curious about people's experiences with aftermarket axle assemblies like Dynatrac and G2. I'll be looking for either 44s or 60s from either of these companies and I am leaning on G2 because of the price difference. Any other companies out there I should be looking into or pros/cons of either company?

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
If you are considering 60's... go for it!

G2 is made by Superior. Pretty good stuff actually. Dynatrac also makes some sweet axles... as does Currie Enterprises. They (Currie) make the Roc Joc D60's and those are BLING!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just checked out the Currie website. Does Superior use the Currie RocJoc housings? They look very similar and not like the dynatracs.

·
Commercial MemberX
8,641 Posts
What's your main goal? Those companies undoubtly make nice stuff but the price is about 4 times more than I have or will ever pay for a 60 front axle. If your going for strength, reliability, and cost...there are other options. If you wanna go for bling and show off that you have dyntrac housings or whatever, thats really your only choice.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its not really a bling factor for me. I need something that is going to take a serious pounding on and offroad for a long time. I plan on having my TJ for the next 20-30 years. The only reason i'd like a complete assembly is I don't quite have the skillset to get an old D60 and weld brackets onto it and all that. I'd prefer bolt-in out of the box. My main goal with this Jeep is something that can take some serious abuse for a long time. I don't want issues on the trail at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts