Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into purchasing this set up for my 2013. I cannot find many reviews or video clips of this particular model. I am under the impression that it is the same as the one for the 2011 model, just with different hook ups? Does anyone have this or can give any input before I pull the trigger?:hide:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I installed this tonight and so far so good. I do notice a burning smell but I am guessing that is because the exhaust is new. Can anyone chime in on after market exhaust with burning smell and how long that will last? Another thing I am worried about is the brake lines, they are covered in a foam type material but I feel they might need some heat wrap around them. I feel that the piping is in the exact spot as the stock exhaust but am still worried about things getting burned or melted. Has anyone had issue with the dynomax burning or melting any parts under their jeep?

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Well new exhaust is going to get that hot smell, I most likely has some oils from hands being on it and machining left on it. That will go away as long at nothing is touching it you should be fine. Just let it get warm drive it and in a day or two it will go away.

I would love to see a video sound clip of it once it is broken in. Just please don't be one of those people who start it up and got straight to revving it up that sounds like crap IMO regardless.. Would like to know what it sounds like after the engine has warmed a little, typically once it drops to the 500ish RPM range.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, I also forgot the part number paper on it and when I got home I noticed the one on the cat turned brown. I am going to remove that tomorrow morning. When it drops down to idle you can't really hear it which is perfect. Everything I have read about the sound has been spot on, there is a little bit of drone but I feel that will dissipate once the system breaks in. I will try to get a video sometime next week once it had had some time to break in but it definitely sounds throaty. I do not drive it like a hot rod, I accelerate gradually and it sounds really nice that way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts