Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the first Jeep I've ever owned and the first mod I wanted to do was to get rid of the stock bumpers. The Jeep was planned to be more of an adult toy but it turns out I prefer driving it over the other vehicle. I was slightly on a budget and went for the e-autogrilles; both front and back were $450 total. I was apprehensive as there was not a ton of info about them online and limited postings in the forums, but I'm extremely happy with them.

There were only two issues with the bumpers. A slight modification was needed on the front bumper, and I was able to use a dremel tool. One of the bolt holes was about a 16th off and needed to be cut out just a tiny bit in order to thread the bolts properly. Other than that it fit perfectly and came with all the parts needed. The other issue was due to my faulty planning. With the new back bumper on the tailgate won't close and fit properly because of the tire size. So now I have to figure out what I'm gonna do to fix that. If you have any questions feel free to ask, I documented the install and have more photos.

20160201_155105.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

20160201_173535.jpg

·
Registered
2015 Willys Wheeler W JKU and 1984 CJ
687 Posts
Welcome to the forum Colonel!
The bumpers look good. You'll be shopping for a new rear tire carrier I guess.
Nice Jeep!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts