Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried the search and google on what to do for tightly stretched e-brake cables. I found a $10 bracket that lowers the curly bracket. Anyone recommend anything DIY? Saw some mention of just using some zip ties...

Appreciate any recommendations!

·
Commercial Member
1,550 Posts
loosen the coat hanger bracket, undo the cables then install the bracket again, then zip-tie the cables to the bracket.

·
Commercial Member
1,550 Posts
yes, if not, its easy to buy a bracket or some other fix...

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Rugged Ridge has an extension - part number 18303.60.

Mark

·
Super Moderator
21,933 Posts
I have been running like this for over 2 years. Mine has lots of droop and never had an issue.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Anybody know where I can get a replacement hanger braket for the cable, the one that bolts to the underbody, I broke mine, argh! Just ordered a drop extension for it.

Em ...

·
Registered
280 Posts

ha!
There's nothing like realizing that your mind has melded,been shaped by self-reliance & has developed a DIY-centric thought-process because of owning many jeeps over 40 years ( only 3, presently) .

Suggested corrections like this handy lil' ZipTie solution* for lifted rigs - while not original to me - was immediately what I went to & implemented w/out knowing that others were doing the same, setting them in place on my 4 door 3 years ago when I realized the eBrake cables might yank the gas fill hose off my tank if I didn't do something during compression droop.
'at's a good feeling.

I have been assimilated and now think like a Jeep.

No guidance necessary.

:bop:

<edit: I will add to this that if you guys /gals shell out a few dollars more on your Amazon or eBay accounts and buy MIL-SPEC zipties, you get much more secure and durable zipties with more weight ratings than 15lbs like those you buy at home repair places. I have a set of 14" zipties that are rated for over 150lbs per tie. fwtw>

·
Registered
2,148 Posts

ha!
There's nothing like realizing that your mind has melded,been shaped by self-reliance & has developed a DIY-centric thought-process because of owning many jeeps over 40 years ( only 3, presently) .

Suggested corrections like this handy lil' ZipTie solution* for lifted rigs - while not original to me - was immediately what I went to & implemented w/out knowing that others were doing the same, setting them in place on my 4 door 3 years ago when I realized the eBrake cables might yank the gas fill hose off my tank if I didn't do something during compression droop.
'at's a good feeling.

No guidance necessary.

<edit: I will add to this that if you guys /gals shell out a few dollars more on your Amazon or eBay accounts and buy MIL-SPEC zipties, you get much more secure and durable zipties with more weight ratings than 15lbs like those you buy at home repair places. I have a set of 14" zipties that are rated for over 150lbs per tie. fwtw>

Resistance is futile... :thumb:

·
Commercial Member
2,223 Posts
ha!

'at's a good feeling.

No guidance necessary.

Resistance is futile... :thumb:
You two are Lost in Spaaaacccccceeeeeeee.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Mine just hang there. $7 is lunch lol

2 door Rubicon, 3.5" lift, 37x12.5x17 MTR's.

you must be loaded, Ken. How the hell are you eatin' $7 lunches? I know you have the same hair as him , but are you secretly a Trump family member?:mooning:

most of us commoners have to contend with this--->

<heh. in case anyone attempts to come to your rescue, they should know that we are pals & I speak 100% the truth within this post.....:thefinger:>

·
Registered
280 Posts
Mine just hang there. $7 is lunch lol

2 door Rubicon, 3.5" lift, 37x12.5x17 MTR's.
in seriousness, maybe it is that four door extra length that makes them ( as mine were until a little while back when I read about a guy nearly shearing his Unlimited's fuel fill hose from the tank at full droop of his rear suspension and just having them loose off the brackets that caused me to go outside, lay under her rear for a few minutes evaluating the possibility and when it did seem possible - not likely- but possible for that to occur I reached into my trusty assortment of military grade zip ties and just ran one off the bracket hooks with slack but more or less in the form of a mini limiting strap for the eBrake cables at maximum droop. I think it could get by without and I checked into those boxes that lower the mounting hook but the zipties on an unlimited with 3" or less of lift should be fine. I would recommend not using a home depot ziptie that can be broken at 15lbs of stress....but, to my point, maybe Ken and other 2 door folks are not gonna require this as they do not have that extra distance for the longer ebrake cables to windup hitting the evap lines and fuel line from refill neck down into tank?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts