Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, what happened?

My E-Brake has been going higher and higher to engage. I think they loosen up after a while, and a couple times I've started driving away with it still engaged. Yeah, yeah: I'm a bonehead. I know. Whatever.

Anyways.

This morning, I stopped for gas, pulled the E-Brake lever and BANG! 3 clicks, fully engaged. 4 clicks and it won't go higher. As of last night, it was pulling almost vertical (not sure how many clicks that is, but >4).

So, what happened? A part of me wants to believe the brake is self-adjusting and it hit some threshold that caused it to wind up, but from what I've read here and elsewhere that's probably not the case. Is it broken now and I need to anticipate some horrible catastrophe?

Actual factuals: '13 Wrangler Sport, 42K, 6-speed. This morning was the first relatively cold morning of the winter season here in Boston (25 F). The only issue I've had with the Jeep since I got it is one of the Electronic Stability Control wires sheared and the sensor & related wiring were replaced about a year ago.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
crawl under there and see if there is a stray log wedged in the cables. Is the brake holding at 3 clicks?
It seems to be holding. It may be this weekend before I can get under it and up in there, but I haven't been off road and didn't see anything sticking out (no logs, branches, reindeer antlers or traffic cones).

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
It seems to be holding. It may be this weekend before I can get under it and up in there, but I haven't been off road and didn't see anything sticking out (no logs, branches, reindeer antlers or traffic cones).
sometimes a random Prius can show up under there

1 - 6 of 6 Posts