Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive me if this info can be found somewhere on forum. Searching is near impossible on my phone...

I pulled in the drive yesterday and found rear passenger wheel and rotor on my 2012 JKUR smoking hot. Didn't check temp but it boiled water on contact (I spit on it).

I've had the rotors off recently, and innards are pretty corroded.

Am I better off replacing e brake parts or trying to clean and adjust?

I pulled wheel, caliper and hub to see if I could tell what was wrong. Caliper and rotar look fine. Inside rotar is blued from heat of e brake pad.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Jeep® Wrangler JK Brake Parts - Quadratec

Mine corroded so badly on the driver side that the retaining clips broke and were rattling around inside - eventually they snagged the wheel speed sensor and broke it as well..

I gutted mine - and just zip tied the end of the e-brake cable up and out of the way... I don't use my ebrake at all, so I plan to just rebuild the entire assembly in the spring.

I tell you this so you can avoid snapping your wheel speed sensor like I did by ignoring mine.

Most likely - one of your springs that holds the shoes is broken, and the shoe is always touching the drum.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I woud do without if I could, but I have manual...

Stuck on me again this morning. I'm going to start looking for parts now. So far I haven't found a "kit" to rebuild.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts