Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finished my F8.8 swap into my 200TJ, runs great, brakes great, no vibes. Only issue is the e brake. I have it close to maximally adjusted, and the e brake handle reaches the top of the center console (just). The e brakes engage, but are not 100%, more like 60%. I have to park it in gear, especially on hills.
I noticed the adjuster is not straight and one e brake cable is pulled longer than the other. Any suggestions? Could I have stretched the cable? They were brand new on this ECGS axle.
thanks

Attachments

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Well 1st off you should always park it in gear with w stick shift. NEVER trust the e-brake. Maybe the brakes vs the cable needs adjustment.. Sorry, not much help, as I never use the e-brake in my jeeps. Don't trust them.

·
Registered
203 Posts
im having the same issue with my e-brake on the 8.8, just installed. As soon as im feeling motivated ill pull the brakes apart and inspect them.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Did you adjust the e brake through the back side of the drum first. its been so long I think it had a hole for the adjuster didn't it or am I just getting old and losing it . I do know mine works better than with the 35 and I have plenty of adjustment left.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts