Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5/8/2012 – Happy birthday to me! Brought home my first Jeep, a 2012 JKU Rubicon

6/1/2012 – Dropped it off a Rebel Offroad with 1020 miles on the odometer for them to install a 3” Teraflex 8-arm lift, JE Reel 1310 drive shafts front & rear, along with a set of 35” BFG KM2’s on black Method Race Wheels “Double Standard” wheels:

6/9/2012 – Installed Ace sliders. These are a very nice affordable way to add a little protection (and a step for the wife and kids). Easy install although a little trimming to one of the holes was required.

6/12/2012 – Installed EVO Protec skid plate system. Very nice, well thought-out system. I would highly recommend this skid plate system to anyone with a ’12 or ’13 as it adds critical protection to the exhaust cross-over pipe and transmission cooling lines.

6/14/2012 – Installed VIAIR onboard compressor. Nice compact air compressor that comes in handy when you need to air down. However, the supplied mounting bracket is made of cheap steel and seems to flex fairly easily, so I’m going to replacing it with a stronger bracket from Dominion Offroad.

7/13/2012 – Installed AIRAID CAI system. Adds a nice throaty sound under throttle and also adds a little bling to the engine compartment. Didn’t notice any improvement to MPG though.

7/25/2012 – Installed Smart Doors. HIGHLY recommended! No more slamming the back of the kid’s heads when they’re trying to get in the Jeep. Easy install for the backyard mechanic.

7/28/2012 – Installed VDP shorty endcaps. Vast improvement over the wide stock bumper.

9/1/2012 – Installed Hothead headliners. Another VERY nice product. Adds a little sound deadening as well as better insulation to the Jeep. Install was fairly straight forward and took about an hour.

9/23/2012 – installed a Teraflex hinged rear tire carrier. Extremely well made and will definitely support the added weight of a 35” tire/wheel combo without the added stress on the tailgate.

9/27/12 – Had Rebel install custom color-matched Poison Spyder front and rear bumpers, Warn VR8000 winch, King remote reservoir compression adjustable shocks, Teraflex Dana 44 diff covers, and re-geared both diffs from 4.10 to 4.88. I’m extremely happy with how it all turned out.

Here she is in all her glory at the recent photo shoot for Method Race Wheel's 2013 catalog:

·
Registered
413 Posts
Looks Amazing! I Love the color matched bumpers, it adds a nice touch

as I got to the bottom my wife says after glancing at the screen, He's got some money tied up in that thing!

I looked at her and said well you know what Jeep stands for...

Just Empty Every Pocket (on mods that is)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Had it off pavement yet?

·
Registered
86 Posts
It looks really good! Excellent Job!!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I haven't always been a big fan of color matched bumpers, but they work great on this rig! Thanks for sharing your project!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Added a few more goodies over the past couple weeks:

Trucklite LED headlights:

I did have some alignment issues with the headlights where the beams crossed each other. Contrary to many reports, our JK’s DO have side to side headlight alignment available by means of unscrewing one of the mounting points (JK headlights have three mounting securing the buckets to the core support with one being the up-down adjustment screw. The others are simply threaded into the core support and can be loosened to provide additional side to side adjustment if needed).
sPOD:

And I also threw on a Factor 55 winch attachment:

·
Registered
928 Posts
Looks great, any issues with the Method wheels, are they 17X8.5 4.75" BS, how much do they extend beyond the fenders?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks great, any issues with the Method wheels, are they 17X8.5 4.75" BS, how much do they extend beyond the fenders?
The wheels have been great! Yes, they are 17x8.5 with the 4.75" BS and the wheel/tire extends past the fenders maybe an inch or so on each side.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
12/12/12 – Been busy over the past month or so and made a few more mods. I installed a PCI race radio (custom programmed by the Rebel crew) and a Cooltec VersaMount 2 for the mic. The VersaMount2 also gave me room to hang my Midland CB, which was an unexpected bonus. I mounted both antennas on a Teraflex antenna mount. This is a fantastic communication setup!

I also added a set of Dually D2’s into the OE locations, a 10” Rigid SR on top of the winch fairlead, and changed out the chrome Jeep logo to a black version. Also, although not easily visible, I swapped out the wire winch rope in favor of a synthetic line from Jeepswag.com:

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Looks great! Question though, what all does that"race" radio offer you? And I still don't understand the factor 55 thing. Maybe for 40 bucks I'd understand it but they are very pricy for what little they do. Still, nice build. Very tasteful

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
jagerhelix said:
Looks great! Question though, what all does that"race" radio offer you?
Thank you! The race radio is basically a 60-watt HAM radio that operates on a slightly different frequency. It will essentially allow me to talk to others on the same channel for up to 20 or more miles away. Same units that all of the KOH and Baja race teams use.

·
Registered
103 Posts
That's one bad-ass Jeep. So far I see a really expensive "pavement princess" as the only pic you posted of it being off road didn't look too challenging. I hope you plan on doing some serious off-roading with that thing. Of course there's nothin' wrong riding in style on and off road!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts