Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
RETIRED MODERATER
35,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
AAA warns E15 gasoline could cause car damage

^^^There is a gasoline on it's way and already available in some states, that may harm your engine, and void your warranty!!!!!!!:eek:
Read the above from AAA........:facepalm:

You may already be aware of this, but if not, it is a FYI!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Well at least OD isn't sarcasm challenged.

On a serious note and without getting too political. Unfortunately the current leaders we have are hell bent on us reaching our oil independence through these means.

·
RETIRED MODERATER
35,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well at least OD isn't sarcasm challenged.

On a serious note and without getting too political. Unfortunately the current leaders we have are hell bent on us reaching our oil independence through these means.

^^^Yep, current leaders, including their EPA friends...:(

Pushing us into using fuels, that some of the Auto Industry hasn't approved...:crazy:

·
Registered
258 Posts
I'm in the produce business and I don't think people understand what a crap idea ethanol is. It's a lousy expensive inefficient fuel additive that robs your engine of it's potential power. That's the best thing about it. The truth is that the government is paying farmers to not grow food, but to grow a gasoline addative. It raises the price of almost everything we eat, because farmers aren't growing food anymore. We pay double for corn what we paid a few years ago, and more than double what it cost to transport it a few years ago. Most of the animals we eat are corn fed. Wonder why the price of beef is so high? Starting next week the price of eggs and chicken is going to skyrocket. All my market sheets are showing no end in sight to the rise in chicken prices for the foreseeable future.:atomic:

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
That [email protected] better stay away from me. I try to avoid any of the ethanol gas.

Anybody else notice that article is from 2012? Did E15 ever make it out there?

·
Registered
330 Posts
I'm in the produce business and I don't think people understand what a crap idea ethanol is. It's a lousy expensive inefficient fuel additive that robs your engine of it's potential power. That's the best thing about it. The truth is that the government is paying farmers to not grow food, but to grow a gasoline addative. It raises the price of almost everything we eat, because farmers aren't growing food anymore. We pay double for corn what we paid a few years ago, and more than double what it cost to transport it a few years ago. Most of the animals we eat are corn fed. Wonder why the price of beef is so high? Starting next week the price of eggs and chicken is going to skyrocket. All my market sheets are showing no end in sight to the rise in chicken prices for the foreseeable future.:atomic:
Current price for corn is 3.66 a bushel. Before ethanol, it was around 2.50. For the past 3-4 years, corn has been priced around 7.00 a bushel. Seems the price of food has not come down at all with a major drop in commodity prices. The current price of beef and poultry has nothing to do with the price of corn. The high price of beef is due to a lack of cows, and poultry have other problems at the moment. You would be surprised at how little corn is in chicken feed, chickens are the garbage disposal of the meat industry.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
But if we don't burn ethanol what would we do with all that corn the farmers are growing?

Based on supply and demand, maybe buy groceries cheaper.....:D
Wrong kind of corn, even. Not good for food. The entire reason the US produces this crap is because of the corn lobbyists. People point to Brazil as evidence that ethanol is good, but Brazilian ethanol is sugarcane-based and much more efficient (cheaper) to produce. Our crap costs much more than gasoline to make and contains much less energy.

·
Premium Member
16,872 Posts
But ....but.....butt.... the Government is there to Help Us and keep us all Safe.

"Lassie! Timmy is in the well (again) call the Government!" good boy.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Company out of Hayward, Ca has turned seaweed/algae into fuel. No real estate to take up.

If the state/government mandates e-85 use and the automakers void your warranty, without an option as a consumer do we sue the government for damages?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Chicken and turkey prices are going up because of all the farms battling avian flu. Most corn grown by farmers is not sweet corn that you eat from a can or off the cob. However, its incorrect that the field corn they grow is not edible. Most things you eat like cereals or anything containing cornmeal or corn syrup is from the same field corn.
Ethanol from corn is inefficient because of all the inputs needed to grow it effectively. Do a google search on switchgrass ethanol. Almost no inputs and extremely high yields of ethanol. Could be a really good thing but not developed (cheap) enough at this point to make sense.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
But is it not true that these ethanol corn crops are planted in place of sweet corn crops thus dropping the supply of sweet corn crops

·
RETIRED MODERATER
35,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That [email protected] better stay away from me. I try to avoid any of the ethanol gas.

Anybody else notice that article is from 2012? Did E15 ever make it out there?
^^^One of our local News stations, a couple of night ago, was discussing E15 fuel for Arizona. They stated that Phoenix was one of the areas being targeted, because of our extremely high pollution rate. This is being driven from the Fed's and EPA!!!!!!!! But that AAA has said, don't use it!

Is there any already available at stations in Arizona? I really don't know. But I have not seen any so far!

In our state, the type of gasoline available is County controlled. In Maricopa County (Phoenix Metro area), you will not find any non-ethanol being offered, that I am aware of!!!!!!!
Just drive up into our mountain area's, different County and you can purchase all of the non-ethanol gas that you need.
About 6 months out of the year, we travel back and forth to our cabin up on the Rim. So for approx. 6 months, we buy all of our gas up there. Even though it is more expensive at times.

Now does my 3.6 engine really perform better with it, well it seems to, but that maybe just the PLACEBO EFFECT!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

·
Registered
51 Posts
My milage goes down 10 to 15 % when I have to get E-10. Here is a web site that shows where to get gas without ethanol. pure-gas.org

1 - 18 of 18 Posts