Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new to this so going to try posting here. I upgraded my front and rear bumpers last weekend (pics attached -ignore the wiring). I got both bumpers on pretty easily, but decided I'd get it all wired up this weekend. THE REAR LIGHTS DON'T WORK. I ran the relay but had to splice in some additional wire since the wire provided was only about two feet (to go from the REAR to the battery/switch in front). Anyways, it's all done but no lights. I've reached out to the company but wondering if anybody has replaced theirs before? I've been replacing the front lights with Xprite, any other suggestions or recommendations? Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
722 Posts
Get a 9 volt battery and test the wires coming out of the light. Some of the import led lights have the power going to the black wire, which is normally a ground on a standard light system. The 9 volt will also tell you if the lights are working and narrow down you troubleshooting.

Just put one wire on each post and if it doesn't light up reverse them. Mark down what which wire was on the positive side when you get them lit and make sure that wire has power thru the relay.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts