Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As things go hey say "necessity is the mother of inventions".
I sometimes go exploring into places that could get myself into trouble.
One time I was tied to my rear bumper and lowered myself into a deep pit open mine ( 20 feet ) and when I went to climb back out I noticed my rope had a little more slack then when I first got down, upon after getting out of the hole I noticed my jeep had creeped about a foot ( let me just say my butt puckered a little just thinking that my jeep may have felt lonely and was going to join me at the pit bottom ):rip:.
Well So I came up with a idea on how to make sure my jeep does not get any ideas of visiting my when I do not want her company at the moment.:funnypost:

They will also act as a stabilizer when I have my tent on the roof rack.:winner:

Reactions: pc1p

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ooops forgot pics

here is some pics

Attachments

Reactions: IRQ and pc1p

·
Super Moderator
10,647 Posts
Harbor Freight has rubber chocks for $8.00 each.

You can always tie off to the side, rather to the front or back.
You can also adjust your rear brakes and park brake cable so that the Jeep will stay put.

Looks like you got it figured out for stabilizing the Jeep for the tent. How well do the anchors work to hold the Jeep from moving?

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i had wheel chocks but being a little sandy / loose dirt it pushed them down into the ground also if you have ever pulled out of a parking space and had the E brake on and noticed that when you go forward they do the job and stop you , it is very few vehicles ( old toyota land cruiser is one exception) the E brake works well in both directions.

When using the winch to pull out stuck vehicles the anchors help keep me in place.

The anchors work great and if set shallow it makes a great dirt road ripper upper. but I already have a harrow rake I made for my jeep to smooth out roads to our clubs claims.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They work perfect.....going to the top of Big Bear this weekend prospecting ( Holcomb Valley ).
In the soft soil either it will hold or make some nice deep farrows to plant new trees in....LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts