Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Easiest way to de-sticker my JK

Hey guys, I'm looking at getting a few decals from pixeldecals, and wanted to know the easiest way of removing the "WRANGLER UNLIMITED" and the "SAHARA" logo stickers off my rig. The rig is fairly new, just wondering what the best technique is, and if anyone has any tips/tricks up their sleeve. Many thanks!

·
Registered
505 Posts
the sticker is easy.. just goo-gone and a rag will get it off .. pour on the rag and soak the sticker, let sit for a sec then use the rag and peel off the sticker..

the badge.. same thing but you can use dental floss or fishing line soaked in goo-gone and slide it behind, then use the same rag and clean off..

all you need is some water to wash off the excess goo-gone.. and it can be found at any auto store or wally world :)

·
Premium Member
7,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, that's what I thought. I want to leave the trail rated badge, just remove the OEM stickers. I have a gallon of GooGone in my garage, so that shouldn't be an issue as well. Just wanted to make sure that Jeep didn't use some industrial epoxy on those stickers and my paint won't peel off with it. :D

·
Registered
505 Posts
haha, nope not at all.. just make sure you clean the spots after words :)

i use a razor blade to help me but i dont say that to many people because i dont want them to blame me for scratching their jeep.. lol but it does help if your carefull and well not dumb haha

·
Registered
214 Posts
I pulled all 4 off in a couple of minutes using my fingernails. There was only a hint of residue left on the Jeep that cleaned up in a matter of seconds using Goo Gone.

·
Registered
719 Posts
For really strong stickers get a hair dryer. You just heat up the sticker and they come right off.

·
Proud Wrangler Owner
717 Posts
I would wax that area after you have removed the stickers etc.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
I don't like the hair dryer. Unless you just can't get it off then don't use it. The glue comes off more with the sticker if you can just use your fingernail and patients. The hair dryer tends to loosen the vinyl from the glue and the vinyl comes off leaving the glue behind. If you can get it off with just the fingernail the glue tends to come off with the sticker for the most part anyways. The glue is the hardest part to get off, not the sticker itself.

·
Registered
14,065 Posts
sunnykk said:
i would wax that area after you have removed the stickers etc.
x2

·
Registered
16,248 Posts
Roll it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts