Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be away for a bit and wish to render my Jeep inoperable "just in case" someone get an bad idea.
The hood has the drake locks on it (I know you can defeat them if you have time, but I assume if it were to happen they would not want to be spending a lot of time dickin' around) so the hood cannot be easily opened.
Pull the battery cable? Is there a relay I could pull from the fuse block that would be less obvious?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Short of armed guards if someone wants it bad enough they'll get it (if it's going to be parked outside). A friends garage or secure storage facility? Expensive but will protect your investment.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is parked in my garage.
It's a jk btw, no distributor.

·
Registered
185 Posts
If its going to be parked in your garage why not just remove the battery all together and put it somewhere not easily found. But there is always a flatbed truck to tow it out if they do get in your garage. hope it remains safely locked up !

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the ideas guys.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Super Moderator
9,601 Posts
Unplug the center lead on your distributor, and get a steering wheel lock
A steering wheel lock can be defeated in 30 seconds with a hack saw...by simply cutting the steering wheel.
What's this distributor you speak of? LOL. I think you just dated yourself. ;)

·
Registered
707 Posts
When I went home on leave for a few weeks and left my pick-up in the driveway, I put this guy in my truck. I figured even if someone got in and got it started, they wouldn't get too far before they heard a rattle from under the seat or got bit in the leg (that snake was always PO'd!) Just put some water in there and monitor the feeding before. Getting it out again when I got home was a little tricky, but not bad.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sounds like it may be time to move to a better neighborhood
Not a bad neighborhood at all. But I don't go away for extended time ever. Better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
remove the ecm, pull the battery, pull the fuel pump fuse, and put the tires in the basement. should do the trick.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I'd disable the garage door not the jeep, couple of bolts in the track on each side will prevent it from being opened from the outside, make them really tight and make sure there are no wrenches lying around that they can be removed with.

Reactions: Phynal
1 - 20 of 34 Posts