Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Yeah, cuz of the private land thing, hard to find good trails unless you're in W TX area.

Best bet's gonna be state and natl parks – IIRC, Barnwell Mountain is in your area. Plenty of trails there, last I heard. Some links:

Texas 4-Wheeling Trails and Maps - Where to Drive 4x4 Trucks and 4WD SUVs Off Road

Jeep Trails in Texas | Travel Tips - USAToday.com

Another good way to find trails is hook up with a local Jeep or 4x4 club. Some of them should even have use of some trails on private land. Don't know about 50+ milers, but...

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
When I lived in Texas we would go to Barnwell "Mountain". Barnwell Mountain Recreation Area

It doesn't have a lot of really long trails but it has a lot of trails all over the hill. It has camping, both primitive and luxury. There's a lot of trails from mild to moderate with a few serious hill climbs.

I never made it up there but there's some good trails in Clayton, OK: Wheeling In Clayton, Oklahoma - Jp Magazine

BTW, your gear ratio calculator rocks. I've linked many a Jeeper to that bad boy...:thumb:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts