Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live on the east side of Indianapolis, 10 minutes away from 4 Wheel Parts, so it's pretty convenient to use them.

However, now that my Jeep has been there for 2 weeks for a 2-day fix due to an ongoing comedy of errors (they've had to return/re-order nearly every part because either they don't know how to order the parts correctly, or every vendor they're dealing with gets it wrong; the latest piece is lost in UPS-land somewhere, and I have no idea when the 2-day fix will actually start), I'm ready to find someone I can rely on.

There seem to be a fair number of good options on the west side, but dropping off my Jeep :45 (or more) from home for repair work isn't all that helpful. I have at the moment neither the skills, the tools, nor the work space to do more complex repair tasks, although I'm definitely trying to learn.

Is there any place on the east side of Indy that forum members have used and have confidence in?

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'd like to hear some feedback on this as well.
I'm needing to get my gears done soon and would like to find a reputable shop on the
Northside ( westfield). I was considering 4wheel parts,
But if this is any indication of what i might
Run into there, then i might look elsewhere.

·
Registered
124 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Took it back to 4 Wheel Parts because the rear differential (which took them 3 weeks to repair last fall) failed again, hoping it'd be under warranty. Turns out the rear locker blew up, so I get to pay for a rebuild all over again.

This time it's almost 3 weeks again and surprise I don't have it back. In this case it's due to additional work they discovered, but still so frustrating that every new part takes days to arrive. Took a week just to get started.

Never again. Unless it's warranty work again, but even then, I'm not sure I'll be willing to let them have it. Need a spare Jeep, desperately. Going mad without my baby.

Looks like Fastlane's site is down, probably closed now. Heard good things about L&M behind Washington Square Mall (http://www.autorepairmenow.com/l_m_automotive_indianapolis_IN_S800161349.php) but the only time I drove past it looked crazy busy, so I haven't felt them out yet.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm not 100% sure but the owner of this shop owns a modded Jeep. Might be worth giving him a call or stopping in.

B & T Auto Repair  
Address: 8949 Pendleton Pike, Indianapolis, IN 46226
Phone: (317) 897-6740

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not 100% sure but the owner of this shop owns a modded Jeep. Might be worth giving him a call or stopping in.

B & T Auto Repair  
Address: 8949 Pendleton Pike, Indianapolis, IN 46226
Phone: (317) 897-6740
Had a good chat with the Jeep guy there, Emery. For various reasons I haven't taken any work there yet, but I will at some point.

I also stumbled across a light truck repair shop near Meijer on East Washington, "Sonny's Shop", 317-459-3222. Looks like there's a location in Greenfield too, or perhaps it recently moved from there. Again, haven't tried them yet, but will at some point.

As I mentioned in another thread, I've been having good luck with Bill the manager and George the mechanic at Meineke on Pendleton Pike.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Thanks for sharing! We just sold our house and are moving into an apartment for a bit. Won't be able to wrench on the Jeep myself while we are there, so I may show up at Just Lift It.

Can't stop buying parts...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts