Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read alot of threads regarding internal frame rusting and being I'm from the Midwest and plan on holding onto my new JKU I was wondering if anyone has taken this coating on a brand new frame before the rust actually grabs ahold? I'm having the vehicle rust protected inside all the panels and having a wax based undercoating applied, but that doesn't cover the inside of the frame rails and all the protection in the world won't work if it corrodes from the inside out. Input would be great if you have done it as winter is starting here and once that damn liquid chloride is on the road it gets into everything!!!! Want to treat it from the beginning if possible, but all I've read on it discusses over rust to work.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I dont know if i can answer all your questions but i used the Eastwood internal frame coating on my jeep and love it! But it is a messy job but i also live in midwest and just wanted the extra precaution before the winter came

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
I don't get salt in my State but running a garden hose through your frame every couple days should stop rust.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't get salt in my State but running a garden hose through your frame every couple days should stop rust.
Thats tough to do when it's 20 degrees for a high in January.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont know if i can answer all your questions but i used the Eastwood internal frame coating on my jeep and love it! But it is a messy job but i also live in midwest and just wanted the extra precaution before the winter came
I'm just wondering how well it will adhere to the frame paint without any rust present? Do you recall how many cans you used?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I didnt have rust on my frame and i did it somewhat recently so i am not sure how it last and it hard to tell with it being the inside of your frame, but i used two bottles takes about one on each side. It is green though so i also undercoated the outside of my frame to cover up some of the over spay that spays out of the frame holes

·
Registered
356 Posts
Have you tried to contact Eastwood and ask them. I recently bought 2 cans for my TJ but it does have rust in the frame. If this helps I used another brand on rust that I have on the outside of the frame and it stuck to the rust spots as well as the parts of the frame that was not rusted.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts