Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got an 08 and know literally nothing about these v-6s. My first two had the 4.0 which I loved. From what I read, the v-6s make more stock hp. But as always, I want more hp. Any tips on cheap/easy parts or upgrades to get some extra hp?

·
Supporting Member
2,420 Posts
Cheap doesn't go hand in hand with more HP. Bolt on parts do not make HP numbers like claimed. An air intake does nothing and exhaust is just sound. The cost to power ratio isn't there. That is pretty typical of any N/A vehicle.

What kind of modifications do you have currently? Lift and tires? The Jeep JK isn't known for its power and unless you go forced induction or swap in a V8 nothing of significance can be done. To get maybe 10 measurable HP you can go Ripp headers, exhaust, intake and superchips flashpaq, but all that is hardly cheap. If you got bigger tires than stock the best thing you could do is re-gear to 4.88 or 5.13. Again not that cheap but well worth the cost.

-Dan

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I think with a tune, intake and exhaust you will feel a difference.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheap doesn't go hand in hand with more HP. Bolt on parts do not make HP numbers like claimed. An air intake does nothing and exhaust is just sound. The cost to power ratio isn't there. That is pretty typical of any N/A vehicle. What kind of modifications do you have currently? Lift and tires? The Jeep JK isn't known for its power and unless you go forced induction or swap in a V8 nothing of significance can be done. To get maybe 10 measurable HP you can go Ripp headers, exhaust, intake and superchips flashpaq, but all that is hardly cheap. If you got bigger tires than stock the best thing you could do is re-gear to 4.88 or 5.13. Again not that cheap but well worth the cost. -Dan
thats what I figured. It's lifted 2 inches, so nothing crazy, but I already though about gears.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts