Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I've got a 2007 Rubicon with 35s and the factory 4.10 gears with the automatic transmission. I go wheeling around 4-6 times a year from moderate to extreme trails. My jeep is also my daily driver with 173k miles on it and I really haven't had any issues at all.

So with the supercharger I was looking for a cheap way to do it. It is known that both the m62 and m90 are very cheap superchargers and there is a kit that actually uses the m90 supercharger for my Jeep but I'm not looking to spend that kind of money on it. I do not want to hear about re-gearing or doing a v8/hemi swap because I am going to re-gear to 5.13s anyway but would honestly like to cheaply supercharge it just for a fun project and I would be able to somewhat fabricate my own parts and have a welder (not that I could think of a reason I'd need to weld). I also am not too worried about the longevity of the motor I just want it to be more fun on and off road and have that fun supercharger whine. I would just like to know how to go about this and the general parts I would need or what exactly would be included in the kit given I can't see it and I could just use a tune already made for it. I'm looking for what injectors I'd need and where I could buy them, where I would find the belt, how I could mount it to the intake, what electronics would need to be moved/replaced, things like that. Any help would be appreciated this is just an idea because I just want to do some playing with the engine and eventually might hemi swap anyway so longevity isn't the biggest issue for me. I would be looking to do this for less than half the regular supercharger price and would be only trying to run around 5 lbs of boost. Thank you

1 - 1 of 1 Posts