Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see kits on eBay for 130 bux for light bars 50in and they come with two single lights for lower windshield.
Says sold over 900 sold wondering are these any good?
Lmk thx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
703 Posts
Nilites are ok and I've gotten a couple through superbrightleds.com that were cheap and worked fine. The key with a lot of these cheapo units is that you have to take them apart and reseal the lens with some rtv. I do a clear application to the inner track and seal the ends first. Then add another layer of protection with a black rtv seal on the lens itself right next to the metal housing. Haven't had water in them yet. It's a pita but it works. That being said, I have had a couple led bulbs burn out over the past couple years. I haven't bought a $$$ led light yet. In the end it may have cost me about the same though......but I doubt it.

Current build: 2016 JKUR Hardrock #HardrockREVjku
Past builds: '79 & '81 CJ7, 93 ZJ, 04 TJ Rubi

·
Registered
7 Posts
Depends on what you're trying to do. As a serious lightbar then no. However if you only want it for looks or to use occasionally their fine but will most likely require some work. I got a set off Amazon for $200 with bar, pods, and mounts. Mounts were already starting to chip so I hit it with a can of flat black anti-rust Rustoleum. Took the bar apart and ran silicone along the edges as the biggest complaint seems to be condensation. Its suggested to replace the wiring and screws it comes with but I didn't bother.

Haven't taken it off road yet but its been on for several months through 80+mph speeds, high winds, rainstorms, etc, and 0 issues so far but YMMV.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Subscribed!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts