Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my jk for almost 1,000 miles and I recently was scrolling through my trip meters and found Eco, this is the first time I seen " Eco on" is this because I was in the green while viewing or can u turn it on and off? How does this effect my mpg? Should I be shifting in the green? Or should I be cursing in green? I guess I could also ask ,is it better to shift to neutral when stopping or stay in gear wind down a little?

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
I've had my jk for almost 1,000 miles and I recently was scrolling through my trip meters and found Eco, this is the first time I seen " Eco on" is this because I was in the green while viewing or can u turn it on and off? How does this effect my mpg? Should I be shifting in the green? Or should I be cursing in green? I guess I could also ask ,is it better to shift to neutral when stopping or stay in gear wind down a little?
The eco light is just a indicator light that tells you when you are driving in a manner that should provide better MPG than when its not on. The light it self can be shut off because it bugs some folks but doesn't change anything.

I was taught to always leave a stick in gear just in case you are rear ended if you're in nuetral you will go flying where if you are in gear presumably your foot would come off the clutch and slow the vehicle. Not sure of the validity of this but it always made sense to me.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
On the other hand, if you have your transmission in gear and are stopped with the clutch out, you will wear the clutch much faster.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts