Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

41 - 60 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
WARN 9.5cti

Hi Elarson,

Gotta know why, with your Unlimited budget (no pun ...), you did not spend the additional $250 for Synthetic Rope & Hawse Fairlead ?

Nice Jeep by the way :)

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Desert Geezer said:
Hi Elarson,

Gotta know why, with your Unlimited budget (no pun ...), you did not spend the additional $250 for Synthetic Rope & Hawse Fairlead ?

Nice Jeep by the way :)
Actually the winch that's on it in the pic was a place holder until my 9.5 cti-s came in and it just did. I am installing it including the synthetic rope this weekend!!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Gotta get caught up with some new pics as soon as I can get the jeep washed up. Today I got the new Warn 9.5cti-s winch installed along with synthetic rope and a neoprene cover! Also got a start on my Viair on board air system which I hope to finish up tomorrow!

On a related note I am very disappointed in the Duratrac's I purchased. After two normal balances and a road force balance they stayed in balance for about a day and again the ride is horrible with what feels like the front passenger side again out of balance. I did confirm that they are in fact spinning on the wheels by marking the tire in line with the valve stem and then looking for rotation off of that set point. No question that the front right turned on the rim again.

I am battling with Belle Tire to take these back for this issue as well as them each taking between 10oz and 20oz to balance in the first place. KM2's will be going on now one way or the other.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
I ordered the sPod direct from the company via their web site. The laser etched actuators I ordered from www.otrattw.com. The six actuators I think were 35 bucks shipped and take about two minutes to install. Let me know if you need further details or help. I am here to help further if you need it!!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
JKMigs said:
So where did you get your sPod? I would like to get the same set up those are the best looking ones ive seen.
The pic I posted sucks so I will also try to snap another tomorrow. I have three of the switched for my three sets of KC lights, one for my Viair compressor, and then one each for my front and rear Eaton E Lockers.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
And this am my builder swapped out the 35 Duratracs I bought a couple weeks ago and had issues with for some new KM2s in the same size. I can not tell you or explain how much better the ride is and all of the vibration is gone from the ride. All five balanced under 4 ounces of weight tape vs 16 to 22 ounces with the Duratracs.

Attachments

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Last for today I finally finished my Warn winch install by buttoning up the wiring and installing the neoprene cover after I gave it a good bath with UV Protectant.

Looks like I got a shadow from my finger in the corner so I apologize for the poor photography skills!!

Attachments

41 - 60 of 136 Posts