Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

81 - 100 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Its official I am swapping out my lights. I ordered a 50" Rigid light bar with Poison Spyder windshield brackets. A 10" Rigid lightbar with PS Hawse Fairlead Mount and matching PS Black Fairlead. And rounded it off with a set of D2's. I will be posting my three sets of KC Slimlights for sale when these arrive!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Wow!!! I hope this question wasn't already answered. I tend to skip text with so many great looking pics.

So how is the kenwood stereo working out? I'm getting the UConnect, but it seems limited compared to the after market stuff.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
danrb said:
Wow!!! I hope this question wasn't already answered. I tend to skip text with so many great looking pics.

So how is the kenwood stereo working out? I'm getting the UConnect, but it seems limited compared to the after market stuff.
Great!! It's not so much that factory is limited in functionality as its simply under powered and sound quality is usually poor even on the upgraded factory systems. I love my Kenwood and the aftermarket speakers!!!!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Just ordered one of the flip down molle panels for the rear tailgate along with some molle bags. Also some transfer case bushings, a fire ext holder and ext., a flashlight holder, and my Trek Armor seat covers in all black!!! Damn I can't wait. I wish my ACE tube fenders would be ready soon!

It also looks like maybe my Rigid LED lights might be on backorder which sucks but I'll be ready when they do ship.

Also for those interested I just talked with a tech at Truck Lite and the dongle they have been prepping to stop the flickering has been delayed slightly so they are telling me it will be ready for sale in january now.

Anyone have a lead or suggestion on gun holders that mount inside the truck? I am looking for one that mounts inside that will hold an AR-15??

Eric

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Rigid LEDs will be here tomorrow so I got a head start on the install. The other day I removed the three sets of KC lights and they sold quickly. Tonight I mounted the Poison Spyder Fairlead mount that will hold my 10" Rigid bar along with a black PS Fairlead in sticking with my theme.

I then bed lined the PS windshield mounts and got them installed. So the lights won't take more than a few minutes tomorrow night.

My flip down tailgate molle panel also came today and will get installed this week. In keeping with my blacked out military theme in mind I had it made with the words BLACK OPS in it. Should look cool with the bags mounted in it.

Attachments

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Finished up the install of my 50" Rigid LED light bar with Poison Spyder windshield brackets as well as a 10" bar on a PS fair lead mount in front of the winch. Rounded it out with a set of D2's on the bumper.

Once that was done I installed my rear gate BLACK OPS molle panel.

Attachments

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
kramer2k said:
Your rig is going to light up all of Saginaw! lol

Nice job man, it's looking super. :cool:

Since you don't have fogs in your bumper can you use the D2's as fog lights? Or do they have too much glare to do that?
No but honestly i don't think in my years of driving that i ever intentionally turned on my fog lights to help me see better. Just not something i personally have used nor see a need for at least in Michigan.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
kramer2k said:
Your rig is going to light up all of Saginaw! lol

Nice job man, it's looking super. :cool:

Since you don't have fogs in your bumper can you use the D2's as fog lights? Or do they have too much glare to do that?
Btw. Thanks for the feedback. Got a ton of time and money into it and its nice to hear the feedback. Next up is my Ace narrow tubular fenders. They will be done and installed this next week!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Just read through the whole tread: great stuff but you're going so freakin fast in the transformation of your Jeep!! You'll need a second one in a couple of weeks lol!

You sayd you liked your Kenwood system. Just a couple of questions:
- Would it be possible to fit in a Jeep when no factory satnav HU is installed (just radio)?
- How was the instal? You are clearly more experienced then I am btw...(seeiing also your Challenger!)
- How about the backup camera? Any feedback on that? And where did you mounted it? I wasn't able to spot it on your pictures yet.

Tnx! Keep the updates coming!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Elarson said:
Received and installed my ProClip iPhone 5 holder with cord adapter today. I must say this is the best made, nicest phone holder I have ever owned. Installation was a breeze.
Hey, I got a similar setup in my Jeep. Just an FYI, uses one plastidip to spray that white cord. Looks much better and works great. 👍

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
Sjeupie said:
Just read through the whole tread: great stuff but you're going so freakin fast in the transformation of your Jeep!! You'll need a second one in a couple of weeks lol!

You sayd you liked your Kenwood system. Just a couple of questions:
- Would it be possible to fit in a Jeep when no factory satnav HU is installed (just radio)?
- How was the instal? You are clearly more experienced then I am btw...(seeiing also your Challenger!)
- How about the backup camera? Any feedback on that? And where did you mounted it? I wasn't able to spot it on your pictures yet.

Tnx! Keep the updates coming!
I am sorry. I just saw your post!

Yes as long as you stick with a double din head unit, most will fit. I highly suggest using Crutchfield. You enter your vehicle details and their website will limit the components you see to only what will fit in your Jeep. They will also list very clearly what harnesses you need, etc.

If you have ever installed a car stereo then the install with the Crutchfield instructions will be very straight forward.

I love having the backup camera especially when so much of my rear view is blocked by my spare. I ran the wire very easily under the carpet all the way to the rear and mounted the camera on the bumper just under my spare where its protected pretty well!! Feel free to PM me if I can help you in any way!!!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
Just thought I would throw up a couple updated pics of the truck. the weather here has really sucked so it's kinda dirty but the sun peeked out so I thought I would snap a couple shots.

Attachments

·
Registered
640 Posts
Elarson said:
Recon led turn signals and side markers finally came today. Got the front turns installed but will be installing the side markers on the inside wells after my ACE tubular fenders are installed in a few weeks
So I've been looking into these fenders as well as the Poison Spyder ones. What's your thought and how did you run the side markers? You have any pics? Poison Spyder has the side markers built in only reason I'm looking at those. What rock rails you get, ACE?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
So I've been looking into these fenders as well as the Poison Spyder ones. What's your thought and how did you run the side markers? You have any pics? Poison Spyder has the side markers built in only reason I'm looking at those. What rock rails you get, ACE?

I love the ACE fenders...I've seen the PS ones and just preferred the ACE. The side marker is a breeze. When you remove the factory flares there is a metal tab left on each side of the front. Using a 3/4 inch led marker light I simply used a step drill to drill out the exiting hole to 3/4, touched up the bare metal and slipped the led in using it's rubber surround! I then just wired it into where the factory side markers wire in. I don't have a pic but will try to take one today!

I attached a pic of the marker light...

Attachments

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
Removed my Recon front LED turn signals and threw them away..junk. There is nothing protecting the plug from moisture and with the melt off the last few days as well as no fender liners they were constantly faulting out and showing a bulb out error with the fast flash.

Also making a wheel change from the current ATX Artillery I have to some that are true black vs. the grey that the ATX ones are. I actually have two of these new ATX wheels I bought in the fall that have the Teflon paint/coating peeling already. Disappointing but at least I'm getting some warranty money back!

Going with the Fuel Hostage in 17 x 9 with -12 offset. Pics when done!!

Attachments

81 - 100 of 136 Posts