Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

101 - 120 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
Got the wheel swap done today but it's to dark for a pic so I will post one up tomorrow!!! Also pulled my tail lights, headlights, etc. and gave the sockets a nice coat of protective di-electric grease for good measure. After messing with the LED turns I figured I would do this just as a good precaution.

Diablo tuner will be here Monday so that's my next task to install and test the various tunes and settings. :punk:

Couple weeks and my stuff should be ready to go at Ace so I can get this Sponsorship done!! New bumpers, c-gussets, and LCA skids...

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
Nice looking Jeep! I think I may have seen 100 "Black Widow" Jeeps by now, which is the real one?!
Yea no doubt. I actually had not seen that as a theme when I started but then I started seeing them everywhere. Recently I noticed someone on here had one for awhile along with a youtube channel so I decided to change it out of respect for him being here first. I refer to mine as Project WidowMaker now. I messaged a mod to try to get my build thread changed but have not heard anything yet....

·
Registered
49 Posts
Fantastic looking Jeep dude! Really, nice work.

My mostly stock black JKU is jealous! I have to be honest though.........when and IF my wife complains about time or money spent on the Jeep (you know, when those brown packages just seem to show up at the house filled with Jeep goodies)......I am gonna show her your pics and thread.

Not trying to throw you under the bus pal but hey........it'll buy me some latitude. :D Congrats on the great looking rig!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
Fantastic looking Jeep dude! Really, nice work.

My mostly stock black JKU is jealous! I have to be honest though.........when and IF my wife complains about time or money spent on the Jeep (you know, when those brown packages just seem to show up at the house filled with Jeep goodies)......I am gonna show her your pics and thread.

Not trying to throw you under the bus pal but hey........it'll buy me some latitude. :D Congrats on the great looking rig!
Hey thanks man...I actually have the most supportive and amazing wife. She has supported me in all of the crazy car, truck, and Jeep stuff I have done over the last 12 years together and believe me when I say it has been a LOT. Probably 10 cars.....ouch.. lol

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
Little project update:

Yesterday I installed some Vector UFO's in the holes of the tailgate normally holding the rubber tire carrier bumpers as well as the electrical pass thru. Looks MUCH better!

Today I ordered:

MORE Grab Handles with grips
JKS Quick Disco's
Poison Spyder Body Armor - Powder Coated Black
AEV Snorkle
Metalcloak Aluminum Fender liner kit (front)

Can't wait for the next steps of the build to arrive!!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #115 ·
Thought I would provide a little update in this thread for the sake of tracking my project.

This last week my ACE Engineering Sponsorship was finished. This involved the installation of the following ACE products to go with the rock sliders and narrow tube fenders I already had:

Pro Stubby Stinger front bumper - had them install the 10" Rigid LED in it
Pro Rear w/Tire Carrier and 2 6" Rigid LED
Gussets on the front C's
LCA Skids
ACE Graphics in Flat Black

I also got the AEV Snorkel installed, JKS Quicker Discos, MORE Dead Pedal, and did some general cleanup.

I damaged my OME SS when I got the truck buried at a local off-road park a week ago so today I ordered a FOX 2.0 Performance IFP Stabilizer to replace it. I received the PS rocker protector plates but won't be installing them until it warms up enough to work outside easier.

Having been under the Jeep a lot this week for an oil change and maintenance I need to order some diff covers soon. The stock ones are actually tore up a bit and look just slightly thicker than aluminum foil. :)

Stay tuned!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
360 Posts
Awesome Jeep; well done! If I lived in MI, I would've been all over that ACE sponsorship myself! :thumb:

101 - 120 of 136 Posts