Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed a new transfercase and Rcv's looking to put a run together and test em out! Any one interested?

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
Front drive shaft is toast. Edge of transmission pan was getting smacked by the drive shaft right at the slip seam. The transmission pan and drive shaft need replacing. Hopefully the transmission housing has survived.

Hunting for parts now.

Bob K.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Pan at dealer was cheapest and easiest when I replaced mine (believe it was 70 for pan and gasket, an extra 10 for filter and 30 for synthetic ATF), probably source front drive shaft at local junkyard.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Front drive shaft is toast. Edge of transmission pan was getting smacked by the drive shaft right at the slip seam. The transmission pan and drive shaft need replacing. Hopefully the transmission housing has survived.

Hunting for parts now.

Bob K.

So that means probably a no go Sunday huh?

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
Rich and Jason. I think you have wheeled with all of us the one time. Anyways, I am right on the boarder now. I have Capitol Driveshaft looking at my driveline right now. We'll see how it goes. Six States cannot even get to it until next week.

Bob K.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts